ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 General Dependent to T2G Skilled workers route

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Skilled workers route - Dependent switching

Post by atlas321 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:01 pm

Dear Immigrationboards Experts,

Hello after a long time, you all helped me with your response to my queries in the past, which helped me very much. Really appreciate all these selfless help!

I'm in need of your inputs again. I'm currently in Tier 2 General dependent visa, nearly 6 months in my cooling off from ICT switch. I'm currently getting offers with sponsorship which I'm willing to take via new visa skilled workers route after January.

I have looked through the UKVI guidelines and cannot find (or I'm missing the point), about dependents switching from Tier 2 General to Skilled workers route within UK. Here is what I see for switching and it says "Migrants"
=========================================
Switching
27. Under the Points-Based System, we will allow most migrants to apply to switch from one immigration route to another without having to leave the UK. This will support employers in retaining the talented staff that they have invested in.
28. However, there will be no relaxation of the qualifying criteria for the route being switched into. A migrant will still have to meet the requirements for that route. They will also have to pay the same fees, relevant charges, and complete the same application
==========================================

so here are my questions,

1. Can I switch to skilled workers route after January 2021 within the UK without traveling to home country?
2. When does UKVI starts allowing applications under new route? Can we do in Nov/Dec 2020 with work start date in Jan?

pdcosta1
Newly Registered
India

Re: Skilled workers route - Dependent switching

Post by pdcosta1 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:26 pm

Hi,

I have a similar condition. However I am on a Tier 2 ICT dependent. I moved over to my spouses dependent to get away from the cooling off period. Did you receive any advise - it would be helpful to me as well.

Besides - maybe another important question to consider is 3) will the time you spent of a) Tier 2 ICT b) Tier 2 General dependent or c) Tier 2 ICT dependent (As in my case) be counted towards ILR if you can get sponsored under the new PBS route

I have heard a lot of views against this (but no one is certain) - but my view is (till clarity emerges from the UKVI) that if they can change the cooling off period clause and allow the Tier 2 ICT to move to PBS , then they can also be amenable to changing the rule of not counting the Tier 2 ICT period towards ILR.

Whats your view. Thoughts?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:45 pm

pdcosta1 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:26 pm
Hi,

I have a similar condition. However I am on a Tier 2 ICT dependent. I moved over to my spouses dependent to get away from the cooling off period. Did you receive any advise - it would be helpful to me as well.

Besides - maybe another important question to consider is 3) will the time you spent of a) Tier 2 ICT b) Tier 2 General dependent or c) Tier 2 ICT dependent (As in my case) be counted towards ILR if you can get sponsored under the new PBS route

I have heard a lot of views against this (but no one is certain) - but my view is (till clarity emerges from the UKVI) that if they can change the cooling off period clause and allow the Tier 2 ICT to move to PBS , then they can also be amenable to changing the rule of not counting the Tier 2 ICT period towards ILR.

Whats your view. Thoughts?
Your question is not really similar. You should start your own topic with your questions.
3) will the time you spent of a) Tier 2 ICT b) Tier 2 General dependent or c) Tier 2 ICT dependent (As in my case) be counted towards ILR if you can get sponsored under the new PBS route
Tier 2 ICT does NOT count towards the 5 years for ilr. Nothing has changed in this regard and there is no indication that it will change either.

You also cannot combine tier 2 ICT Kain time with PBS dependent time to make up 5 years. The two routes have different Immigration rules. You need 5 years tier 2 general OR 5 years tier 2 dependent. You can only combine different visas for ilr based on 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Post by atlas321 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:08 am

Dear team,

Any insights on my original query please ?

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Post by atlas321 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:45 pm

Hi Team,

Any updates on the original query?

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

T2 General Dependent to T2G Skilled workers route

Post by atlas321 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:01 am

I have put my query in uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/skil ... 04853.html but it somehow got lost.

I'm asking my question again here.

I'm on T2 General dependent visa, Can I switch to T2 General (Skilled workers route) from within UK if I get an offer with sponsorship after Jan 2021? or do I need to travel back and apply from Home country?