ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence from the UK due to COVID, for the ILR application for the Spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tripas33
India

Absence from the UK due to COVID, for the ILR application for the Spouse

Post by tripas33 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:36 am

Hello All,

Due to COVID-19 crisis my wife's absence from UK has exceeded the stated guidelines. Does the absence from UK condition also applies to spouse if she has to apply for an ILR ? I read somewhere that for Spouse there is no absence criteria and it only applies for the main applicant.

If the absence condition applies to spouse perhaps there might be relaxations due to COVID ?

Thanks,
Reg,
Tripas

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Absence from the UK due to COVID, for the ILR application for the Spouse

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:50 am

No absence requirement for spouse. However, you will have to prove that you have been living together for the last 2 years. So it makes sense that she is not outside UK for a very long extended period.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tripas33
India

Post by tripas33 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:12 pm

Thanks. She could not fly back to the UK in time due to COVID and subsequent lock downs in UK and India.
I think this reason should be provide a justification for extended absence while applying for ILR.
Reg,
Tripas

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:15 pm

tripas33 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:12 pm
Thanks. She could not fly back to the UK in time due to COVID and subsequent lock downs in UK and India.
I think this reason should be provide a justification for extended absence while applying for ILR.
As far as I know, flights from India are operating to UK for a long time now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.