ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMPO Belfast

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RayNational
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Passport Application

Post by RayNational » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:27 am

Hi there,

I have a question about online british passport application. I have done my ceremony and looking to apply for my 1st passport as soon as I get my certificate. But I have noticed that it says on the website that don't apply for passport before 30th September if you are not travelling. What is tha about? I have seen people applying regardless and also getting their passports. Do we need to show proof of travel or something if we do apply before 30th September?
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Passport Application

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:38 pm

I guess they are trying to manage the application load?
Personally under the current circumstances I would delay my own application if I'm not expecting to travel or applyng for jobs/other purposes where a passport comes in handy to show your entitlement.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

RayNational
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RayNational » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:42 pm

Yeah, I understand that but how come nobody is listening to this statement on government website? And how come passport office is still accepting and issuing passports for everyone?
People are clearly ignoring this statement and applying anyway. There should be some kind of check and balance, everyone should be required to give proof of travel if they are applying before the mentioned date on government website. Otherwise why would you or me delay our application if nobody else is doing it!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:46 pm

RayNational wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:42 pm
Yeah, I understand that but how come nobody is listening to this statement on government website? And how come passport office is still accepting and issuing passports for everyone?
People are clearly ignoring this statement and applying anyway. There should be some kind of check and balance, everyone should be required to give proof of travel if they are applying before the mentioned date on government website. Otherwise why would you or me delay our application if nobody else is doing it!
People will keep being people, will continue to apply till the channel gets blocked and then maybe HMPO will now go beyond statements and look to enforcement of such by bringing onboard measures such as you suggested or more stringent ones to curtail unnecessary non urgent application for passport issuance, till then.....

RayNational
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

HMPO Belfast

Post by RayNational » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:14 am

Hi there,

I have applied online for first british passport and I have been told to send documents to Belfast office. I am just wondering how does that work? I am in Scotland, shouldn't my documents go to Glasgow as its closer?
Also does anybody know what does UK-E-FTA means in Hmpo Belfast address?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HMPO Belfast

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:34 am

RayNational wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:14 am
Hi there,

I have applied online for first british passport and I have been told to send documents to Belfast office. I am just wondering how does that work? I am in Scotland, shouldn't my documents go to Glasgow as its closer?
Also does anybody know what does UK-E-FTA means in Hmpo Belfast address?
Thanks
You need to send your documents to the HMPO office listed in your application. It makes no difference where in the UK you live. It selects the location automatically to spread the applications across the different offices.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.