ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 for Children below 18- Professional Reference

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Guru1950
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

MN1 for Children below 18- Professional Reference

Post by Guru1950 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:49 pm

Hi ,

I recently got my ILR and I am now applying British Citizenship for my son ( 3 years old) . As part of this application , I need to get a Professional Reference . Tried with the school to which my son goes and with the registered GP , but both of them refused to give the reference.

Appreciate any help /alternatives /possibilites to get through this situation.

Thanks,
Guru.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 for Children below 18- Professional Reference

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:59 pm

HO is not strict when it comes to referees in case of young children.

Add a cover letter, mention that you contacted GP and teacher but they refused. Best if you can provide any evidence of correspondence with them (if possible e.g. email etc).

Arrange some other referee who knows the child personally (not necessarily in professional capacity). Hopefully HO will accept it. If not, they will write to you to arrange any other referee.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:12 am

See also Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

prss_vel83
India

Post by prss_vel83 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:49 pm

Thanks for your response.

I will request my child school teacher and find out if they can give their details!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:59 pm

prss_vel83 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:49 pm
Thanks for your response.

I will request my child school teacher and find out if they can give their details!!!
Please continue in your own topic instead of tagging onto other members threads!!!

british-citizenship/guidance-to-apply-u ... l#p1942419
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.