ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khanz

HSMP Extension

Post by khanz » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:08 pm

Hi Everybody,

I am a new member and this is my first mail.

I sent my HSMP application/docs to Home Office from Pakistan in last week of September 2006. I got my approval letter dated 27-Nov-2006. Then I applied for visa in UK embassy in Pakistan and got two years visa which is going to expire in December 2008.

While getting HSMP approval I scored 65 points which was the requirement at that time, later on, Home Office increated it to 75.

I came to UK in March 2007. I am working as Software Developer in a firm here since May 2007.

Now, I have the following questions:

1. My extension is due in December this year, should I apply under the new rules (perhaps called Tier1) or should I apply under the Old Rules?

2. If I go for Old Rules, would there be any requirement of minimum income?

3. Do I need to pass IELTS? By the way, I did not do IELTS at the time of approval, as it was not mandatory at that time.

4. My visa is valid till December 18, so when should I send my case to Home Office?

Thanks in advance for your comments/replies/advices.

Regards,
Zahid

Jackie123

Post by Jackie123 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi,

You should apply using the form under JR, i.e, FLR Tier 1(HSMP). If you go through the guidance notes for this, you will get all the requirements. You just need to show your economic activity for the last 12 months.
Go through the forum and I am sure you will get loads of information related to this.

If in doubt drop an email to HO and get clear guidance.

I hope this would be of some help.

Cheers!
Jackie

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:14 pm

Hi,
In your email you say you recieved approval on "27th Nov 2006"..I think the Judicial review only covers people who have recieved an approval letter before "Nov 07 2006" and EC clearance based on that letter (or am i wrong..)...

I am currently on HSMP visa that i got in 26 October 2006 (Approval letter dated August 2006).

My visa expires in October 26, 2008 ...I am about to send out my extension application this week... What i need to clarify is since I am under old rules all i need to do is show my:

1) last 12 months payslips + P60
2) 12 months bank statement
3) Letter from employer to confirm current permanent employment stating job role and salary of £ 36,000 annually.
4) Original HSMP Approval letter dated Aug 2006
5) Passport

I am not claiming any points am I?

I am also including documents like :

Masters degree
Marks Transcripts
IELTS english exam certificate
Savings account statements (last 3 months) to prove that I have enough balance to support myself without public funds)

Post by 1971 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:34 pm

@Khanz,

If you get your approval on Nov 27, 2006, I dont think you are covered on the JR judgement, so you cant use the form FLR1(General) and the rules are not applicable to you. You will have to meet the requirements in place after the 06 Nov 2006 changes (Tier1 Migrant). Please, look through the BIA website and other threads in this forum for guide or otherwise call-up the HO for verification.

Cheers and all the best.

Jackie123

Post by Jackie123 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:37 pm

Hello guys,

As per my understanding of the JR, more important thing is on what basis you were granted original HSMP. If you satisfied the pre-Nov points criteria, then it does not matter when you actually received the approval letter. I am sure that approval letter you received with original HSMP clearly mentions that you received 65 points or more.

So, my point here is you received HSMP on 65 points then you should be able to use FLR Tier 1 (HSMP) else not.

Though I am not any expert, this is just my personal view. Rest I would suggest you to confirm with HO.

Cheers!
Jackie

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:21 am

Whether or not an HSMPian benefits from the HSMP JR judgment depends on when the initial HSMP application was made and not by the date of the HSMP approval letter.
FLR Tier 1 (HSMP) guidance wrote:Who can apply on form FLR Tier 1 (HSMP)
2) You should only use this application form if you were granted leave to enter or remain under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme and submitted your initial application under HSMP prior to 7 November 2006 and are seeking to extend your leave within this category for a further period.
regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nedian21
Newly Registered

Post by nedian21 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:54 am

Khan bhai I am in the same boat as you. You are definitely covered under JR as u mentioned u were granted HSMP based on old rule Pre Nov 2006 i.e. scoring 65 points. U just need to use the form FLR (Tier1) HSMP and just have to show them that u were economically active in the last 12 months. No income limit or IELTS.

My HSMP was approved on 05 Dec 2006 but on old rules as the letter clearly mention that I was awarded HSMP after scoring and proving 65 points threshold. I recently emailed Home office and they have also confirmed this.

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:34 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Whether or not an HSMPian benefits from the HSMP JR judgment depends on when the initial HSMP application was made and not by the date of the HSMP approval letter.
2) You should only use this application form if you were granted leave to enter or remain under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme and submitted your initial application under HSMP prior to 7 November 2006 and are seeking to extend your leave within this category for a further period.
regards
So in that case if i have recieved my HSMP on OCT 26th 2006 (Approval letter Aug 2006) ..its obvious that my initial application was submitted before Nov 7, 2006... so hence i am using the FLR Tier1 form... and eligible under old extension rules...
regards,
R...

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:45 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Whether or not an HSMPian benefits from the HSMP JR judgment depends on when the initial HSMP application was made and not by the date of the HSMP approval letter.
regards
Hi just saw this peice of text on the BIA site :

What to do if you received an HSMP approval letter issued under the requirements in place before 7 November 2006

If you received an HSMP approval letter under the requirements in place before 7 November 2006 and obtained entry clearance or an extension of your stay in the United Kingdom on the basis of the letter you may be affected by the HSMP Forum Ltd judicial review judgment. You should see the page on the section on the HSMP Forum judicial review for more information before proceeding with a Tier 1 (General) application.

You will not be affected by this judgment if you joined the HSMP under the arrangements in place from 5 December 2006.

khanz

IELTS

Post by khanz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for all the replies.
According to the old rules, there were 65 points to qualify for HSMP and its mentioned on my Approval Letter that I am given Approval under 65 points.
Now the question is about IELTS. It was not mandatory before November 7, 2006 to do IELTS, so I got approval without it. But should I do IELTS now for extension?

Thanks and Regards,
Zahid

Ozziedude
Newly Registered

extending question

Post by Ozziedude » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Hey guys and gals,

I am about to apply for an extention of my HSMP. It expires in March 2009 ( I received my original HSMP offer in March 2007). I believe I have to transfer over to Tier 1 now.

Do you guys know of any Cover Letter people are using?

Is there a list of documents you guys are sending with your extention application?

When can I apply for my extention? I was planning on travelling in late February so was hoping to apply right away in order to get my passport back in time for my work travel in Feb.

push
United Kingdom

Re: extending question

Post by push » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:46 pm

Ozziedude wrote:Hey guys and gals,

I am about to apply for an extention of my HSMP. It expires in March 2009 ( I received my original HSMP offer in March 2007). I believe I have to transfer over to Tier 1 now.

Is there a list of documents you guys are sending with your extention application?

When can I apply for my extention? I was planning on travelling in late February so was hoping to apply right away in order to get my passport back in time for my work travel in Feb.
A lot of information on the questions asked is already available on the forum. You may want to use the search tool. In case you don't find relevant information or have any other query which is not covered, post it on the forum and ppl should be able to help you.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

intgral

Re: extending question

Post by intgral » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Ozziedude wrote:Hey guys and gals,

Apply soon as they seem to take a long time these days. Realistically, you can forget about traveling at the end of Feb.