ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Financial and Document submission

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zaynab09
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Spouse Visa - Financial and Document submission

Post by Zaynab09 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi,

I am after a bit of advice for the UK spouse visa I am paid by the hour and get my salary weekly. I am confused whether I apply under category A or B?
I meet the financial threshold but have only been employed for 8 months therefore wouldn’t meet category B.
As I am paid hourly my salary is slightly different on the weeks I do overtime.
The options state - Same amount continuously above the financial requirement (requires 6 months payslips) or Not the same amount continuously above the financial requiement (requires 12 months payslips).
Also am I right in beleiving 6 months payslip is 24weeks?

The other query I had was once I scan and upload all my documents will the orignals need to be given anywhere as I have all the documents here in the UK and husband is in Pakistan would he needs these at biometric appointment?

Thank you in advance!

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Spouse Visa - Financial and Document submission

Post by Korekt » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:00 pm

Zaynab09 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:08 pm
or Not the same amount continuously above the financial requiement (requires 12 months payslips).
You can choose this and supply 6 months payslips. It should be fine.
Also am I right in beleiving 6 months payslip is 24weeks?
26 weeks prior to the date of application. Total income received should be at least £9300.

The other query I had was once I scan and upload all my documents will the orignals need to be given anywhere as I have all the documents here in the UK and husband is in Pakistan would he needs these at biometric appointment?
Not necessarily. They would need to take their passport and the confirmation of the appointment. If any document was missed from the upload, it can be taken along. They may charge to scan it.

Is this application for the same person here? What happened with that application?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Zaynab09
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaynab09 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:12 pm

Ah perfect!

Sorry this account is used by others who want to ask but can’t create an account.
The actual account holders husband got his visa in 2017 and the previous post was for her brother who’s application is currently pending. I am her friend!

Hope that makes sense :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:45 pm

Zaynab09 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:12 pm
Ah perfect!

Sorry this account is used by others who want to ask but can’t create an account.
The actual account holders husband got his visa in 2017 and the previous post was for her brother who’s application is currently pending. I am her friend!

Hope that makes sense :)
What problems are they facing preventing them from opening account? If you state maybe Moderators can help out or else the situation of multiple persons using one account will keep leading to confusion.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:56 pm

Zaynab09 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:08 pm
Hi,

I am after a bit of advice for the UK spouse visa I am paid by the hour and get my salary weekly. I am confused whether I apply under category A or B?
I meet the financial threshold but have only been employed for 8 months therefore wouldn’t meet category B.
As I am paid hourly my salary is slightly different on the weeks I do overtime.
If you have the base salary and also undertaking overtime then both will be calculated differently such as by salaried person method and none-salaried respectively. Otherwise (if no base) wages then the whole income will be calculated by using the none-salaried person method (total income from last 6 months (26 weeks)/6 months(26 weeks)× 12 months(52 weeks). You will fall under category A.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.