ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent of Irish citizenship child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tugii20
Ireland

Parent of Irish citizenship child

Post by tugii20 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi All
hopw you all well during the covid19 pandemic,
I am here in Ireland 5 year now on stamp 4eufam and also have Irish citizen child born here, just wondering anyone has applied Irish cititzenship under the parent of irish citizen child?
i would be appreciate if you give you me your experience and feedback, how long application takes?what document shoud i send to?
comparing to 5year residence and applying to irish citizenship?do i still have to provide 3 different bill on each year or is that not necessary?
just if you can list thing i should send to INIS?

Thanks very much :D

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Parent of Irish citizenship child

Post by littlerr » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:02 pm

You have qualified to apply for citizenship based on your own right, so there is no point applying for it based on Irish associations.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:57 am

littlerr wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:02 pm
You have qualified to apply for citizenship based on your own right, so there is no point applying for it based on Irish associations.
i khow qualified for citizenship
just thinking what route to take 5years residence or based on parent of irish citizen child?
parent of irish citizen child which does not reequire many document compairing to 5years residence like 3 different bill eacch year,
anyone applied under parent of irish citizen child after 3 years?????????

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:40 am

"anyone applied under parent of irish citizen child after 3 years"

The consensus here is that this does not exist.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:23 pm

As the previous OP said, there is no 3 year route under Irish child. There is a route under Irish associations, and your Irish child can be claimed as your Irish associations. This is for people who have not got 5 years residency. Once you have 5 years residency, you should apply on your own merit.