ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Ireland but married in the UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Falomo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Moving to Ireland but married in the UK

Post by Falomo » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:46 pm

I am a Nigerian who got married to my Irish husband in the Uk 4 years ago, I was unable to get my papers in the Uk as things went south between us after a year in the marriage, he then moved back to Ireland, we have since been trying to work things out.
He now wants me to move over to Ireland and start a new life with him, what are my chances of getting my papers sorted out in Ireland since I will be an undocumented migrant, and our marriage was done in the Uk 4 years ago.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Moving to Ireland but married in the UK

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:22 am

Hello

You need to tell more.

- What type of visa did you use to enter the UK?
- Why did the Home Office refuse to issue a residence for you?

UK245
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Moving to Ireland but married in the UK

Post by UK245 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:39 am

You'd need a join spouse visa, which you will not get. You are illegally living in the UK so you can't even apply unless you go back to Nigeria and apply from there, but you won't get approved as yuo have a negative immigration history in the UK. You also won't get approved as you have not been living together, you're not a genuine couple for immigration purposes.

Being married in the UK doesn't make any difference whatsoever.