ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Is photocopied WP Approval acceptable?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ILRsoon
Newly Registered

ILR - Is photocopied WP Approval acceptable?

Post by ILRsoon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:43 am

Hi,

I'm applying for my ILR next month, based on 5 years on WP. I have had 4 separate WPs to date and the employment has been continuous. However, of the 4 WPs, I only have 2 originals, the other two are photocopies. I tried contacting my old employer for the originals but no response is given.

The set(o) form does not appear to list that we need to provide original WPs. Does anybody have any knowledge of this? I.e. is a original WP document compulsory for ILR application?

Many many thanks in advance

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:33 am

UKBA should have records of all of your previous WPs, and as you have mentioned SET(O) form does not list these to be provided as a part of the required document list I do not think not having original WP copies will pose any problem.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:47 am

It shouldn't be a problem as UKBA should have the records on their system but generally, they only accept original or notarised documents.

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:22 am

There is no need to provide the copies of WP, just fill the application correctly.
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

ILRsoon
Newly Registered

Post by ILRsoon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:45 pm

dnicky wrote:UKBA should have records of all of your previous WPs, and as you have mentioned SET(O) form does not list these to be provided as a part of the required document list I do not think not having original WP copies will pose any problem.
Thanks for all the replies. In this case, I shouldn't bother to chase my previous employer for the WP originals.

Cheers

_dubble_trubble
Newly Registered

Post by _dubble_trubble » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:45 pm

I beg to differ.

During submitting my ILR, UKBA had asked me for my previous WP approval letters as well and they had strictly specified that photocopies are not acceptable.

I had to literally get hold of all my paperwork and my previous employers, one who now lives in the Isle of Skye and I am in Kent.

Upon submitting my original WP, my ILR came back in no time.

Thats my case, stay positive and good luck.