ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC letter that confirms the qualification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dheeraj1025
United Kingdom

NARIC letter that confirms the qualification

Post by dheeraj1025 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:57 pm

I am on Tier-2 General dependant visa. I been on this for 5 years so planning to apply ILR. All documentation looks good for me except :
  • NARIC letter that confirms the qualification
Is this mandatory? I extended my tier-2 dependant couple of times, never asked for this. Not sure why they need this now?

I have finished my undergraduate in India in English medium. Does that certificate enough or they definitely need NARIC's letter?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: NARIC letter that confirms the qualification

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:46 pm

dheeraj1025 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:57 pm
I have finished my undergraduate in India in English medium. Does that certificate enough or they definitely need NARIC's letter?
Your foreign degree without NARIC comparability/recognition is like if never was obtained. You need to get it reassessed through their red route where you will get NARIC comparability report and English proficiency report. Alternatively, you can sit for B1 test.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:50 pm

Is this mandatory? I extended my tier-2 dependant couple of times, never asked for this. Not sure why they need this now?
Yes naric is mandatory for a foreign degree. As a tier 2 dependent visa holder you were NOT required to prove English for visas but it is mandatory for ilr. Without naric, you risk a refusal.
You need the ukvi red route naric, English and comparable assessment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dheeraj1025
United Kingdom

Post by dheeraj1025 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:31 pm

Thank you both.

What is this red route? Where can I do this?

If I want to go with B1, how can I do that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:33 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.