ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One year continues residence before citizenship application ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluemoon2

One year continues residence before citizenship application ?

Post by bluemoon2 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:47 pm

Hi All,

Sorry if this question is already answered. i cannot find this, any help is much appreciated.

Should we must have 1 year continues residence before citizenship application ? I am applying on 5 years residence base but I went to home country this year for few weeks, so Should I wait now for 1 year from the date I came back to Ireland ? Someone told me this condition is abolished now but I can see its still written on the citizenship application form. Anyone here please with personal experience or most up to date information please ?

Also as per INIS website, it is advised that people should not citizenship application forms at the moment, does it mean if someone still post the application INIS will send it back ? Below is link

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/emergen ... ts-update/

Any help is much appreciated.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: One year continues residence before citizenship application ?

Post by Vorona » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:57 pm

If it was less than 6 weeks, then it's ok. If you were away for 6 weeks or more, then you will have to wait.

Stanina
Ireland

Re: One year continues residence before citizenship application ?

Post by Stanina » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:52 pm

As Vorona said it should be fine if it is less than 6 weeks. If you stayed more due to Covid19 and have proofs you can still apply.

I think I have seen updates that you can send passports but couldn't find it any more. Maybe it was removed due to new circumstances. Even if you have send passport you can wait long time for its return, 2-3 months. That is last part that is referred by your link.