ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Input Re English Test Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adeelishaq786
United Kingdom

Need Input Re English Test Requirement

Post by adeelishaq786 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:48 am

Hi,
Did B1 Grade 5 from Trinity back in 2016 and was refused ILR. Later went for Private / Family life, and were granted 10 Year Parent route (7 year chid).

Now looking forward to switch from 10 year route to 5 year route, so would like to know if I can still utilize B1 test or do I need to do A1 first and then A2 after 2.5 years?

Please confirm, Many Thanks in advance.

vinny

Re: Need Input Re English Test Requirement

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:12 am

No, if it has expired.
32D.
If an applicant applying for limited leave to enter or remain under Part 8 or Appendix FM submits an English language test certificate or result and the Home Office has already accepted it as part of a successful previous partner or parent application (but not where the application was refused, even if on grounds other than the English language requirement), the decision-maker will accept that certificate or result as valid if it is:
fails.

Do another B1 test.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:03 am

adeelishaq786 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:48 am
Hi,
Did B1 Grade 5 from Trinity back in 2016 and was refused ILR. Later went for Private / Family life, and were granted 10 Year Parent route (7 year chid).

Now looking forward to switch from 10 year route to 5 year route, so would like to know if I can still utilize B1 test or do I need to do A1 first and then A2 after 2.5 years?

Please confirm, Many Thanks in advance.
As its previous use was not successful, it can not be reused.
If you are confident enough, go for B1 as this saves you time and cost down the line.

adeelishaq786
United Kingdom

Post by adeelishaq786 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:53 am

Thanks, will book in an other B1, but how would it save me cost long run? Would I be able to use the same test when go for extension after 2.5 years?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:45 am

adeelishaq786 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:53 am
Thanks, will book in an other B1, but how would it save me cost long run? Would I be able to use the same test when go for extension after 2.5 years?
Yes, on its successful use this time and it remains on the acceptance list. No need to redo itt

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:00 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:45 am
adeelishaq786 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:53 am
Yes, on its successful use this time and it remains on the acceptance list. No need to redo itt