ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child registration after tier 2 visa expiry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Land Mohd
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

child registration after tier 2 visa expiry

Post by Land Mohd » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:04 pm

Hi,
My child was born while me and my husband where in immigration visa set P we recently received our indefinite leave to remain BRP for all of us including the child who born in UK. My question is that can I apply for for child British citizenship Now?
Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: If child was born BEFORE any parent(s) had ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:08 pm

Land Mohd wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:04 pm
Hi,
My child was born while me and my husband where in immigration visa set P we recently received our indefinite leave to remain BRP for all of us including the child who born in UK. My question is that can I apply for for child British citizenship Now?
Regards
Yes you can register the UK born child as British Citizenship after you have ILR via MN1 now. Once the application is approved and you receive the certificate, you can apply for British Passport then.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -Jul19.pdf

Edit: I just realised you have tagged your question onto someone else’s topic. Please do not tag your questions onto someone else’s topic in the future. Start your own topic.

Mods: Please split topic.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: child registration after tier 2 visa expiry

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:47 am

Thanks. Please change the topic name to: “Child registration after ILR” as OP got it via SET(P).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.