ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried couple

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adinaedri
United Kingdom

Unmarried couple

Post by adinaedri » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:20 am

Hi Could I please ask for advise regarding an unmarried couple with a child.
She and the child are EU citizens, he is a non-EU citizen. They both live together in a non-EU county.
They are not married.
I know he should apply for a family permit first and then come to the UK with his EU partner and child.
Due to the fact that we are now in october and because of covid the TLS centre is closed.
They are thinking of arriving to the airport and ask for the permit there (like a married couple). Is this even an option? (This is what I did with my partner but we lived before in an EU county and he had a RC card from that country).Thank you

seekingadvice87

Re: Unmarried couple

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:49 pm

hi

does he require visa to enter uk?
unmarried couple need show evidence living together two years minimum but case might stronger since child involved
if need visa then best way is wait for centre to open and apply eea family permit. gather all evidence showing unmarried couple living together and show relationship existed before 31 december 2020

adinaedri
United Kingdom

Post by adinaedri » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:01 pm

Adding here the information for future reference, in case anyon else will look for this info:

Generally speaking,the father does not require a visa to enter to UK.
The pair consulted a solicitor and were advised to apply for pre settled status for the mother and for the child and then apply for family permit for the father from the country of origin. Once this has been granted, they will be able to apple for his pre settled status.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:25 pm

Well, obviously, the EU nationals need to apply for the EUSS in any case.
I thought the question was how to get the father into the UK. Yes, the course of action is still the EEA Family Permit. No need to wait for the status of the other two to do this.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.