ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving with EU cit spouse to IRL

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaywonderfulbee
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Moving with EU cit spouse to IRL

Post by jaywonderfulbee » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:13 pm

Hiya

Could somebody tell me what stamp a non-EU (visa exempt for Ireland) will get at Dublin Airport when moving with his EU citizen spouse to Ireland?

How long is this valid for and what rights does it come with?

Is this a temporary 'Stamp 4 EU fam' (3/6 months?) or is that only issued at the GNIB?

Many thanks, guys.

J

UK245
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Moving with EU cit spouse to IRL

Post by UK245 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:58 pm

you get a 90 day basic permission to get time to go and register. That's all. Any other permission will be given by residency or GNIB upon registration.

Sweet-Tangerine
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Moving with EU cit spouse to IRL

Post by Sweet-Tangerine » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:57 am

I entered Ireland with my EU partner and got a visitor stamp for 90 days. The immigration officer was asking us questions, so be prepared for that. He said we didn't have enough information prepared for him, and that normally they could decide to not let me in based on that - but, he was kind and stamped me though. I don't think this would happen in the UK for example, the Irish Immigration are a bit more friendly. He basically just gave me a warning. It helped that I was honest with him I think, and that I'm Canadian. I said directly that I'm applying for a visa and intend to work and live there. Things he wanted to know where the address where we're going, the landlord's contact info. (he called), where my partner was intending to work, if we had sufficient finances, travel insurance, etc. I think you're supposed to convince them you won't be dependant on the state for anything, while you'll be unemployed and waiting.