ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) Consent Form Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

theshadow
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR SET(O) Consent Form Queries

Post by theshadow » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:56 pm

Hello !

I just submitted my application for ILR using Set(O) Tier 2 General 5yr route. I have been with same employer for entire duration.
Applicants:
  1. Myself
  2. Dependent Spouse and
  3. Dependent Child - 6Yrs
Date of Entry in UK- 23rd Oct 2015 (all of us on the same date)

I created my set(O) main application and then added spouse and child applications. After completing the application and paying the fee I received an email to register with UKVCAS for further steps. I registered myself and then booked a biometric appointment. Earliest date I could find was 5th Nov 2020. Now I need to upload the documents for each of us.

I am a bit confused with the consent forms. It has parts 1, 2 and 3. For proof of co-habitation we are submitting water bill and council tax bills which are on Joint Names. We also have a joint bank account but have not decided whether it has to be submitted or not. Additionally I am submitting my bank statements and couple of other documents each in our names individually.
Considering our evidences documentation i think our consent forms will have to be filled as below:
  • For my application: I sign on part 1, my spouse on Part 2, Part 3 is left empty
  • For my spouse's application: Spouse signs on part 1, I sign on part 2, part 3 is left empty
  • Child application: I sign on Part 1, part 2 and Part 3 are left empty
Since I am a bit unsure here, I would like to have guidance from seniors in this forum to help me with the forms. Another question I have is about Biometrics reuse, both I and my spouse are eligible for reuse but I guess my child wont be because her biometrics are more than 2 years old. This is why i went ahead and booked the earliest slot for biometrics appointment
Also, since most of the systems are back on track after covid-19 disruption, I am assuming the standard processing will now take atleast 3 to 4 months ?

Thank you for reading through and any help with my queries is appreciated !

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR SET(O) Consent Form Queries

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:26 pm

Your understanding is correct regarding consent forms.
Biometrics reuse is the past. Everyone has to book an appointment for biometrics now except T4.
For processing timeline, follow timeline thread.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 31555.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

theshadow
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theshadow » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:26 pm
Your understanding is correct regarding consent forms.
Biometrics reuse is the past. Everyone has to book an appointment for biometrics now except T4.
For processing timeline, follow timeline thread.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 31555.html
Thank you for quick reply Cullinan. I have another question about proof of immigration status. What document should I submit as evidence to prove immigration status ? I thought I could submit a scan copy of my VISA (30 days entry permission vignette in Passport) but just wanted to be sure. I dont have my Certificate of sponsorship with me currently. Just wanted to know what other documents can be given for this ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:05 pm

What document should I submit as evidence to prove immigration status ?
It is your CURRENT BRP card!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

theshadow
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theshadow » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:05 pm
Thank you. I thought it will be the BRP card, but in the checklist one of the items to be submitted is BRP Card and additionally there is this one asking for evidence of immigration status. So only BRP for both ?

I also have another question:
Mandatory documents requested are:
Declaration signed by Mr XXXX to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks, Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Mr XXXX for joint accounts or third party support, The passport issued by XXXX for Mr XXXXX

For the above, I only have the consent form part 1 (signed by myself) and part 2 (signed by spouse) and my passport. What is the declaration document that I have to submit ? and just in case I submit a join account bank statement, do I and spouse have to then sign part 3 of the consent form as well ?

thanks for answering !

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:17 pm

theshadow wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:54 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thank you. I thought it will be the BRP card, but in the checklist one of the items to be submitted is BRP Card and additionally there is this one asking for evidence of immigration status. So only BRP for both ? Yes, BRP will serve for both.

Declaration signed by Mr XXXX to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks, Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Mr XXXX for joint accounts or third party support, The passport issued by XXXX for Mr XXXXX

For the above, I only have the consent form part 1 (signed by myself) and part 2 (signed by spouse) and my passport. What is the declaration document that I have to submit ? The signed parts1 & 2 and just in case I submit a join account bank statement, do I and spouse have to then sign part 3 of the consent form as well ? No, part 3 will be if you are using any 3rd party or external support (which is hardly if ever allowed anyway). Dont leave blank, put it as Not Applicable and upload along with 1 & 2.

thanks for answering !

theshadow
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theshadow » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:45 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:17 pm
theshadow wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Thank you. I thought it will be the BRP card, but in the checklist one of the items to be submitted is BRP Card and additionally there is this one asking for evidence of immigration status. So only BRP for both ? Yes, BRP will serve for both.

For the above, I only have the consent form part 1 (signed by myself) and part 2 (signed by spouse) and my passport. What is the declaration document that I have to submit ? The signed parts1 & 2 and just in case I submit a join account bank statement, do I and spouse have to then sign part 3 of the consent form as well ? No, part 3 will be if you are using any 3rd party or external support (which is hardly if ever allowed anyway). Dont leave blank, put it as Not Applicable and upload along with 1 & 2.

thanks for answering !
Thank you for your responses !

I have few more queries that have popped up recently:
1. I have now uploaded my documents and few of my spouse as well. For proof of resident, I have uploaded documents having both our names (council tax & utility bill) under my application. Should i repeat these again for my spouse ?
2. The application now gives me an option to submit my documents. I am assuming submitting now will help in queing my document for pre-approval ? Will I be able to keep adding new/additional documents even after I submit now ? is it recommended to submit or wait ?
3. For my dependent child who is 6 yrs old, I only need to submit Passport or any additional documents are needed to be submitted for the child along with BRP and Passport ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:55 am

theshadow wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:45 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:17 pm
theshadow wrote:
CR001 wrote:

thanks for answering !
Thank you for your responses !

I have few more queries that have popped up recently:
1. I have now uploaded my documents and few of my spouse as well. For proof of resident, I have uploaded documents having both our names (council tax & utility bill) under my application. Should i repeat these again for my spouse ? Yes
2. The application now gives me an option to submit my documents. I am assuming submitting now will help in queing my document for pre-approval ? Will I be able to keep adding new/additional documents even after I submit now ? is it recommended to submit or wait ?Upload Add the documents you are using as evidence to support before submitting if doing self upload
3. For my dependent child who is 6 yrs old, I only need to submit Passport or any additional documents are needed to be submitted for the child along with BRP and Passport ?