ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Romanian Citizen - Self suffcient - health insurance

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aeid79
Newly Registered

Romanian Citizen - Self suffcient - health insurance

Post by aeid79 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:26 am

Dear Forum,

My wife is Romanian and she wants to register with the home office as self-sufficient to be able to live in the country for more than 3 months. i believe i read somewhere that she needs a comprehensive medical insurance for that, could you confirm this information ? and will any medical insurance policy will do or does it have to be a specific one ?

regards,

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:25 am

[quote="4. "Worker", "self-employed person", "self-sufficient person" and "student""]( c ) "self-sufficient person" means a person who has—

(i) sufficient resources not to become a burden on the social assistance system of the United Kingdom during his period of residence; and

(ii) comprehensive sickness insurance cover in the United Kingdom;
[/quote]
See also Permanent Residence Qualifying Period For EEA National and Chapter 7 - Accession State Nationals.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bunny80

Post by bunny80 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:06 am

i am romanian and living in the UK as s-s. my lawyer told me i need to have bank statements showing enough savings or constant flow of money plus comprehensive private healthcare. you don't actually ''need'' to register anywhere, just have the proof available if and when authorities get nosy. with the billion non-eea immigrants they have here i doubt they care too much about cases like this but obviously you should do what the law says.