ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Collection of BRP using standard service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

san668
Newly Registered
India

Collection of BRP using standard service

Post by san668 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:20 am

I am planning to apply ILR for my wife as my dependant, myself having ILR already. My wife was already eligible for ILR in september 2020 and her current visa is valid for another 2 years. We initially thought that we can apply ILR using super priority service but when we tried to submit the application now, it is showing only standard service.
We have planned to move house in this December so our address will change.

If I now submit the ILR application with the current address that would take up to 6 months for decision, and we will have our address changed in December. In this scenario, can we opt for BRP collection instead of receiving by post?
Is it possible to collect BRP using standard service?
or Should I have to wait until Dec and then submit ILR application with new address?

Thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Collection of BRP using standard service

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:36 am

That is entirely up to you when you want to apply. However, you can use the address update gov service to change the address. Note, its is not always efficient so best is to keep a contact at your old place (if possible).

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

You will get BRP via post only.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:04 pm

san668 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:20 am
I am planning to apply ILR for my wife as my dependant, myself having ILR already. My wife was already eligible for ILR in september 2020 and her current visa is valid for another 2 years. We initially thought that we can apply ILR using super priority service but when we tried to submit the application now, it is showing only standard service.

If I now submit the ILR application with the current address that would take up to 6 months for decision, and we will have our address changed in December. In this scenario, can we opt for BRP collection instead of receiving by post?
or Should I have to wait until Dec and then submit ILR application with new address?

Thanks in advance
BRP is ONLY delivered to the address you put on your application by the secure post provider DX Delivery. You cannot collect it :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:12 pm

san668 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:20 am

Thanks in advance
If you are not in hurry due to any imminence over change of your circumstance, then may even apply when you will settle at new address.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.