ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fahad_io
Newly Registered
India

Overstayer Question

Post by fahad_io » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:38 pm

If we apply on the last day of expiry of previous visa (But appointment is not available). Will this be considered as over-stayer as could not book appointment till last date of previous visa. Or am i covered because i submitted application online.

Secondly, regarding appointments, do I need to wait for slots becomes available or will I receiving online invitation to submit ID check online.

Kind Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Overstayer Question

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:42 pm

fahad_io wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:38 pm
If we apply on the last day of expiry of previous visa (But appointment is not available). Will this be considered as over-stayer as could not book appointment till last date of previous visa. Or am i covered because i submitted application online.

Secondly, regarding appointments, do I need to wait for slots becomes available or will I receiving online invitation to submit ID check online.

Kind Regards
You can apply until the last day of expiry to avoid becoming a overstayer and biometrics appointment can be booked afterwards. The onus on you to keep delving the date of appointment within the reasonable time period. There is a live text commentary at almost all forums which you can refer to for checking the present trend.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Overstayer Question

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:45 pm

fahad_io wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:38 pm
If we apply on the last day of expiry of previous visa (But appointment is not available). Will this be considered as over-stayer as could not book appointment till last date of previous visa. Or am i covered because i submitted application online. You can submit on the last day of visa validity though this is cutting it too close. You will not be an overstayer as even though last day you still applied in time. Therefore, Section 3C activated and confers on you the same rights you had with valid visa till the outcome of your application.

Secondly, regarding appointments, do I need to wait for slots becomes available or will I receiving online invitation to submit ID check online. It's on you to keep checking for slots till you get appointment. IDV app invitations are no longer in use. You need to book appointment with UKVCAS.

Kind Regards