ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Greyscale or colour

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jaydi786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Greyscale or colour

Post by jaydi786 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:15 pm

When uploading documents in the UKVCAS website it is recommended that the documents are scanned in greyscale or black and white. Due to a fault in my scanner I can only scan in colour at the moment. Can I upload the documents in colour or is it compulsory to have them in the aforementioned formats?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Greyscale or colour

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:17 pm

jaydi786 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:15 pm
When uploading documents in the UKVCAS website it is recommended that the documents are scanned in greyscale or black and white. Due to a fault in my scanner I can only scan in colour at the moment. Can I upload the documents in colour or is it compulsory to have them in the aforementioned formats?
Colour is fine. Its only an advisory if you can not contain the file size below 6MB.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jaydi786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by jaydi786 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:53 am

Thank you, I’ll be able to keep them under 6 Mb no problem

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:39 am

I had several instances over last year when I was sending copies of my documents to différent places (lawyer office, bank, etc.) and they were not happy with color copies as they stated their system would no accept the quality - so I re-did in grayscale an then it worked.
Now, color is accepted by HO, but make sure all information on the documents is clearly readable.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:26 pm

Colour copies are accepted for UKVCAS/UKVI.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.