ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LR Query (Address)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Emp35
United Kingdom

ILR Query

Post by Emp35 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Hi, I hope someone can help with this.

I’m due to apply for ilr (lr) in the coming months, however I’m currently on a tier 4 which expires around when my 10 years is completed and my course ends. So my question is, if I was to apply for the ilr before I finish up paying my Tuition fee, would this be an issue? Would this pose a problem in getting the ilr?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Query

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:09 pm

Emp35 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:00 pm

I’m due to apply for ilr (lr) in the coming months, however I’m currently on a tier 4 which expires around when my 10 years is completed and my course ends. So my question is, if I was to apply for the ilr before I finish up paying my Tuition fee, would this be an issue? Would this pose a problem in getting the ilr?
Unless you will be disembarking temporarily/permanently from the course, the tuition fee will have to continuously be needing to pay as per the terms & conditions even after securing the ILR. Otherwise your institute may withdraw its sponsorship which may pose a risk over your application (if will be reported to UKVI intimely)
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:26 pm

Emp35 wrote:

SET(LR) is based on lawful residence. It has nothing to do with you paying your fees or not.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Emp35
United Kingdom

Post by Emp35 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:31 pm

Thank you for your reply. I do intend to pay, however I’m just looking at if I’m unable to pay before then

So essentially What I meant to say was, in the scenario, say my course work deadline is on the 4th of Dec and my 10 years is deadline to be completed a week later. If i was to apply on the 11th Dec ( I have completed my course by handing in my final coursework by this time) but this owe the uni money at this point, will it be a problem if I applied then? Like would background checks be done?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:34 pm

Emp35 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:31 pm
Thank you for your reply. I do intend to pay, however I’m just looking at if I’m unable to pay before then

A lot of universities are quite generous in now a days in splitting the tuition fee into any easy instalment plan.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Emp35
United Kingdom

Post by Emp35 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:48 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:26 pm
Emp35 wrote:

SET(LR) is based on lawful residence. It has nothing to do with you paying your fees or not.
Thank you zimba so this will not be problem at all?

Emp35
United Kingdom

Post by Emp35 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:51 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:34 pm
Emp35 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:31 pm

A lot of universities are quite generous in now a days in splitting the tuition fee into any easy instalment plan.
Yes you are right. I was just thinking in the scenario I have finished my course, not sure how much flexibility there would be as I’m only aware you won’t receive your certificate if you haven’t paid your tuition in full

Emp35
United Kingdom

LR Query (Address)

Post by Emp35 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:32 pm

Hi,
I hope someone can help with this.
On filling the application form, it a asking if the postal address i put is currently where I live, this is the case. However, it is asking when I started living here? I live at this address with a relative but as I have been a student for most of the last ten years, I have constantly moved houses and only come here during breaks/holiday so should I put the first time I came here on a break as the when I started living here?

Emp35
United Kingdom

Re: LR Query (Address)

Post by Emp35 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:16 pm

Hi

Could anyone help with the above query?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:40 pm

Emp35 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:32 pm
Hi,
I hope someone can help with this.
On filling the application form, it a asking if the postal address i put is currently where I live, this is the case. However, it is asking when I started living here? I live at this address with a relative but as I have been a student for most of the last ten years, I have constantly moved houses and only come here during breaks/holiday so should I put the first time I came here on a break as the when I started living here?
Just put the date of the first time
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Emp35
United Kingdom

Post by Emp35 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Thank you Zimba