ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR pbs dependent spouse route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajbalaiah
Newly Registered
India

Maintenance requirement for dependant on spouse ILR

Post by rajbalaiah » Wed May 08, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi,
I came to UK as dependant on my wife's Tier 2 General PBS Visa.
My entry and Leave to remain details are;
Entry: 02 Feb 2015,
LTR till: 02 Aug 2019

On 02 Aug 2018, My Spouse has been granted Indefinite Leave to remain (ILR). I have to now separately apply for Visa extension to cover my 5 yr period of stay requirements before ILR eligibility (by 02 Aug 2020).
I havent maintained adequate funds as stated in the forum posts (£630 in my bank a/c ) for the timeline of 90 days (period would cover 02 May -02 Aug 2019). However my wife has sufficient funds in her bank a/c savings.
Can I provide my wife's a/c as evidence for sufficient maintenance funds criteria. If not, what are my best available options. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Maintenance requirement for dependant on spouse ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:59 pm

Presumably ILR was granted in tier 2 basis and not 10 years long residence??

For a tier 2 dependent extension it is £630 for 90 days and can from either spouse account.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajbalaiah
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajbalaiah » Thu May 09, 2019 10:13 am

Thanks very much Moderator. Very helpful and relieved indeed

rajbalaiah
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajbalaiah » Thu May 09, 2019 10:19 am

A quick query - How early can I apply for my PBS dependant Visa extension. Is it 28 days aprior to the expiry date or can I apply earlier?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:26 am

At any time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajbalaiah
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajbalaiah » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:41 am

This is my repost for closure to the query. I thank CR001 for timely and precise guidance.
this was the query -------------

Hi,
I came to UK as dependant on my wife's Tier 2 General PBS Visa.
My entry and Leave to remain details are;
Entry: 02 Feb 2015,
LTR till: 02 Aug 2019

On 02 Aug 2018, My Spouse has been granted Indefinite Leave to remain (ILR). I have to now separately apply for Visa extension to cover my 5 yr period of stay requirements before ILR eligibility (by 02 Aug 2020).
I havent maintained adequate funds as stated in the forum posts (£630 in my bank a/c ) for the timeline of 90 days (period would cover 02 May -02 Aug 2019). However my wife has sufficient funds in her bank a/c savings.
Can I provide my wife's a/c as evidence for sufficient maintenance funds criteria. If not, what are my best available options. Thanks in advance.

-------------------
I applied for dependant visa extension on basis of my Spouse ILR. The application fee for extension of spousal visa was £723.20 (May 2019)

My mandatory documents list :
1. Passport and BRP (visa copy)
2. Proof of £630 as maintenance in Spouse's Bank a/c (90 day period timeline to cover the application dates)

I had other documents uploaded in addition -though not speicfied as mandatory . These included;
3. Marriage certificate
4. Utility bills in joint names (as proof of address and cohabitation)
5. Spouse Passort and ILR copy

I was granted visa extension for 3 yrs after 3-4 weeks due from application date.

Thanks one and all moderators and best wishes to all applicants.

rajbalaiah
Newly Registered
India

ILR pbs dependent spouse route

Post by rajbalaiah » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:23 pm

Dear all,

I came to UK via PBS dependant Tier 2 Spousaml visa on Feb 2015.
And I was granted tier 2 pbs dependent extension on 14 Jun 2019 upto Jun 2022. My spouse got ILR on Aug 2019 and is now granted stellement as british citizen on Jan 2020. My visa is still PBS dependant, but I have completed 5 yrs since Feb 2020. I have now completed Life in UK and GESE Grade 5 B1 test for english language sufficiency.
Which is the application form I must use. Set O or M. Please can you guide me on this

Please can you point out if I missed any from the document checklist

My Passport
My BRP
Lifein UK
English language GESE Grade 5 B1
Cohabitation documents for 2 -3 yrs (is it 2 sets of proof?)

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR pbs dependent spouse route

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:08 pm

rajbalaiah wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:23 pm
Dear all,

I came to UK via PBS dependant Tier 2 Spousaml visa on Feb 2015.
And I was granted tier 2 pbs dependent extension on 14 Jun 2019 upto Jun 2022. My spouse got ILR on Aug 2019 and is now granted stellement as british citizen on Jan 2020. My visa is still PBS dependant, but I have completed 5 yrs since Feb 2020. I have now completed Life in UK and GESE Grade 5 B1 test for english language sufficiency.
Which is the application form I must use. Set O or M. Please can you guide me on this

Please can you point out if I missed any from the document checklist

My Passport
My BRP
Lifein UK
English language GESE Grade 5 B1
Cohabitation documents for 2 -3 yrs (is it 2 sets of proof?)

Thanks
If your spouse (main applicant/sponsor) hadn't have obtained his ILR through long residence then use SET O which perhaps you could have applied in February 2020.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rajbalaiah
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajbalaiah » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:39 am

Thank you Seagul for your response. Appreciate it very much...

I have now started my Set(O) application for ILR. I need some help and clarifications on some questions.
Qn -
What is Spouse country of nationality? I put British citizen as per passport, (it comes to these next qns)
Qn-
Which visa is Spouse applying for or been granted? i put Tier 2 (General) visa (but spouse is now Brit citizen, but option not avble)
Qn-
Do you have their (Spouse) reference nuumber ? I put no i dont have reference number
Qn- If they (Spouse) have one, what is sponsor's license number? i left it blank

Qn - on fines and penalties - i had a pcn fine £30 paid for driving in bus lane by mistake. Is it ok to mention or not mention?

Qn- on English language - I have a degree in english medium but not from UK, but i have passed SELT GESE grade1 B for english spoken and written. If i mention degree in english i am asked to provide a NARIC cert which i dont have now. what is your advice?
Qn- on cohabitation documents
( i read in forum ssomewhere about 4 different document sources spread across 2 yrs period)
I didnt receive any documents list for cohabitation while am about to submit my appliciation stage. But i do have joint ctax bills over 3+ yrs and one utility bills for 3 yrs. I also have some recent tenancy agreements and home insurance documents under joint name. Hope these are sufficient. please advise how to represent these requirements
The only document set list asked are;
Mandatory - Passport
Other documents:
- The language test certificate to prove the level of English language required
- Evidence of immigration status in the UK
- Declaration signed by spouse consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
- Current Biometric Residence Permit of applicant
- All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK

Thank you for your patience and help.

rajbalaiah
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajbalaiah » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:24 pm

Hi
Please can one of the moderators guide me on the queries...

arunmidturi
- thin ice -
India

Post by arunmidturi » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:42 am

Hi
I am applying for ILR for my Wife this year 2020,
my wife is on tier 2 dependent and applying for ILR.
She finished 5 years on tier 2 dependent.
i gogt my british citizenship and our 2 babies having british citizenship.
Both childeren and less than 2 years old in age.

Due to corono , i lost my job in July 2020,

do i need job to apply for ILR to my wife.

what are the documents required .
please help meregarding thins.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:46 am

arunmidturi wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:42 am
Hi
I am applying for ILR for my Wife this year 2020,
my wife is on tier 2 dependent and applying for ILR.
She finished 5 years on tier 2 dependent.
i gogt my british citizenship and our 2 babies having british citizenship.
Both childeren and less than 2 years old in age.

Due to corono , i lost my job in July 2020,

do i need job to apply for ILR to my wife.

what are the documents required .
please help meregarding thins.
Why are you repeating your self and doing the same thing again tagging your questions onto someone else’s topic?!?!

post by CR001 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:03 pm

Plead do not tag your questions onto other members topics that have no relevance to your circumstances.

Pleasr also do not private message members asking the same question.

Your job is irrelevant to your tier 2 dependent ilr, as already answered when you asked in July.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-o-depend ... l#p1947233
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

arunmidturi
- thin ice -
India

Post by arunmidturi » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:08 am

I have now started my Set(O) application for ILR. I need some help and clarifications on some questions.
Qn -
What is Spouse country of nationality? I put British citizen as per passport, (it comes to these next qns)
Qn-
Which visa is Spouse applying for or been granted? i put Tier 2 (General) visa (but spouse is now Brit citizen, but option not avble)
Qn-
Do you have their (Spouse) reference nuumber ? I put no i dont have reference number
Qn- If they (Spouse) have one, what is sponsor's license number? i left it blank

Documents in having

2 years council tax bills
2 years joint bank statement
2 years water bills
Current tenancy agreement.
Is it enough for proff.
Can any one give suggestions please.
If any one having covering letter please.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:47 am

arunmidturi wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:08 am
Qn -
Qn-
Qn-

Documents in having

2 years council tax bills
2 years joint bank statement
2 years water bills
Current tenancy agreement.
Is it enough for proff.
Can any one give suggestions please.
If any one having covering letter please.

Thanks
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-set-o-ap ... l#p1955795
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.