ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lie in application form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charlearose
Newly Registered

lie in application form

Post by charlearose » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:01 pm

My friends husband was an overstayer by 4 years he went back home in march 8th 08 they got married in april 08
Despite everyone telling them not to lie or evade questions on the application forms they would not put down the fact that the husbands sister and brother in law were living in the uk illegally (2 years of overstaying) and the address that they lived in was one of the the address that he the husband had put on the application form as a previous address He went for his interview and he was refused and they have to wait now for the letter stating why he was refused

She is now worried that he will get the full 10 year ban for deception as she was under the impression that because they are married they could not refuse him but i am dont want to give her the wrong advice
can he be refused for not disclosing his family detail in the uk and if so what is the best thing for them do is there any grounds for appeal ect

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:53 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

charlearose
Newly Registered

Post by charlearose » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:05 am

HI thanks for that
i know its seems stupid but its still not clear to me if he would be refused for 10 years or because he is a spouse thats not possilble ( i mean they have refused him so i guess being a spouse dose not count in that case ) but if anyone can make this clear for me it would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:39 am

Without seeing the details of the refusal notice, it's difficult to comment.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jei2
Member of Standing

Re: lie in application form

Post by jei2 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:01 am

charlearose wrote:

She is now worried that he will get the full 10 year ban for deception as she was under the impression that because they are married they could not refuse him but i am dont want to give her the wrong advice
can he be refused for not disclosing his family detail in the uk and if so what is the best thing for them do is there any grounds for appeal ect

Another common error, believing that the spouse's British or settled status gives some kind of magical protection against refusal.

Maybe he just didn't meet the rules for entry clearance as a spouse. She'll have wait and see.
Oh, the drama...!

charlearose
Newly Registered

Post by charlearose » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:10 am

i just spoke to my friend and she said that there were several points the main one that he did not disclose that he had family already in the uk living here who are already overstayers
also they took no evidence of there relationship when they went to the embassy i think they just though that by being married they would get in

i think she mentioned section 320ab with limited rights of appeal dose that sound right she was very upset there was no mention about him being refused becuase he was an overstayer ect i will try to get the refusal form from her and then scan it in

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:27 pm

Tell the couple to move to Ireland for a few months (and work there), then move back to the UK. Simple.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.