ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary overpayment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hazmat54321
Newly Registered
England

Salary overpayment

Post by hazmat54321 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi guys,

would like some advice with this new issue that I've got. I returned from a trip to Pakistan last Sunday, and found a letter dated the 7th Oct, where payroll at my job found that they had paid me the wrong pay rate since I started lasted year. Of course now I have to repay a certain amount and they have adjusted my pay rate on my payslip. However I am worried about whether I need to mention this in my wifes visa application, the last payslip I have used is from 2nd Oct, which is before this adjustment. I'm sure I have 28 days before I would need to use the most recent payslip. The adjustment would reduce my annual salary however I can still reach the threshold with another job I have. However, I don't want to wait another 6 months with this new pay rate to finish the application, so would I still be able to just show 6 months payslips from 2nd Oct, or could I still show 6 months payslips including the recent ones with my new pay rate?

Thanks for any help guys!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Salary overpayment

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:55 pm

hazmat54321 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:02 pm
Hi guys,

would like some advice with this new issue that I've got. I returned from a trip to Pakistan last Sunday, and found a letter dated the 7th Oct, where payroll at my job found that they had paid me the wrong pay rate since I started lasted year. Of course now I have to repay a certain amount and they have adjusted my pay rate on my payslip. However I am worried about whether I need to mention this in my wifes visa application, the last payslip I have used is from 2nd Oct, which is before this adjustment. I'm sure I have 28 days before I would need to use the most recent payslip. The adjustment would reduce my annual salary however I can still reach the threshold with another job I have. However, I don't want to wait another 6 months with this new pay rate to finish the application, so would I still be able to just show 6 months payslips from 2nd Oct, or could I still show 6 months payslips including the recent ones with my new pay rate?

Thanks for any help guys!
Better to combine the income from your second job, because even with the incorrect pay rate you would ostensibly be able to meet the requirement, but it would be transpired by the employer letter which will state your correct pay rate.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hazmat54321
Newly Registered
England

Post by hazmat54321 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:59 am

Thanks a bunch for your reply. That's exactly what I was going to, but would I still just show what my last 6 months payslips were actually for my first job before the pay rate change? or I would I need to go back for 12 months?

Currently, I have only included my payslip from 2nd October before the pay rate change, and it was on my payslip from the 9th where the pay was adjusted, however I havent included that in my payslip evidence. Would I be ok to just carry on like this, and not mention the pay rate change at all? considering it wasn't my fault and I can prove that I have been earning the original pay rate for the past 6 months or 12?

Thanks again

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:45 pm

hazmat54321 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:59 am
Thanks a bunch for your reply. That's exactly what I was going to, but would I still just show what my last 6 months payslips were actually for my first job before the pay rate change? or I would I need to go back for 12 months?

Currently, I have only included my payslip from 2nd October before the pay rate change, and it was on my payslip from the 9th where the pay was adjusted, however I havent included that in my payslip evidence. Would I be ok to just carry on like this, and not mention the pay rate change at all? considering it wasn't my fault and I can prove that I have been earning the original pay rate for the past 6 months or 12?

Thanks again
You can do like that but your employer won't state the old incorrect pay rate on the employer letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hazmat54321
Newly Registered
England

Post by hazmat54321 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:04 am

Thanks again for your reply and help.

My relative is friends with a solicitor and they managed to give me some advice, so I'll pop it here if anyone else ever has the same issue. I'm still going to submit 6 months payslips, including recent ones with my new basic rate. For the 6 months I will explain that we meet the requirement with LOWEST possible income (which is my basic rate) + income from my other job (6 months payslips from them too). On the financial guidance document it does actual mention having to use the lowest possible income for Category A. Also, i'm getting an updated employee letter from my employer, hopefully they'll explain the pay rate change and not just give a new figure. Also, like an idiot I was looking at the wrong figure from my 2nd job, so with that annual income I still wouldn't meet the requirement with both jobs! Luckily I've still got cash savings to use.

But yeah, I went from being comfortable to having to use all possible income sources to meet this threshold XD

Hopefully going to get everything sorted to send in a few weeks. I'll post an update on the result when it comes through in the future. But yeah, if anyone ever goes through this crappy situation of having your pay reduced before your application while working in the SAME job, just use the same amount of payslips (or even 12 months to be safer) and use the lowest income possible, which would be whatever your new pay is. Then if this doesn't meet the threshold, you'll have to combine incomes from somewhere else.

Regardless, I'd advise trying to speak to a solicitor if you're financial situation gets complicated.

Good luck to any of you guys doing your applications, and please wish me and my partner luck on ours! fingers crossed we'll have a good result in the future.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:16 am

hazmat54321 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:04 am
Thanks again for your reply and help.

My relative is friends with a solicitor and they managed to give me some advice, so I'll pop it here if anyone else ever has the same issue. I'm still going to submit 6 months payslips, including recent ones with my new basic rate. For the 6 months I will explain that we meet the requirement with LOWEST possible income (which is my basic rate) + income from my other job (6 months payslips from them too). On the financial guidance document it does actual mention having to use the lowest possible income for Category A. Also, i'm getting an updated employee letter from my employer, hopefully they'll explain the pay rate change and not just give a new figure. Also, like an idiot I was looking at the wrong figure from my 2nd job, so with that annual income I still wouldn't meet the requirement with both jobs! Luckily I've still got cash savings to use.

But yeah, I went from being comfortable to having to use all possible income sources to meet this threshold XD

Hopefully going to get everything sorted to send in a few weeks. I'll post an update on the result when it comes through in the future. But yeah, if anyone ever goes through this crappy situation of having your pay reduced before your application while working in the SAME job, just use the same amount of payslips (or even 12 months to be safer) and use the lowest income possible, which would be whatever your new pay is. Then if this doesn't meet the threshold, you'll have to combine incomes from somewhere else.

Regardless, I'd advise trying to speak to a solicitor if you're financial situation gets complicated.

Good luck to any of you guys doing your applications, and please wish me and my partner luck on ours! fingers crossed we'll have a good result in the future.
Wishing you favorable outcome, keep thread updated and should you require further clarification, post it on here.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:36 pm

hazmat54321 wrote:
hopefully they'll explain the pay rate change and not just give a new figure. Luckily I've still got cash savings to use.
That's a sensible idea
hazmat54321 wrote:
For large swathes, it usually turn out ineffectual but anyways good luck. And let us know the outcome.

hazmat54321
Newly Registered
England

Post by hazmat54321 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:12 pm

Guys!! good news! partners visa was approved a few days ago!!!

So it worked out by applying both jobs under Category A (+ cash savings (CAT D?), as I had been in both jobs more than 6 months. I was really worrying that they would end up wanting 6 months wage slips on the new pay rate for my primary job but they didn't. So yeah, if anyone goes through the situation of having your pay reduced at any point, just use your last 6 months payslips and do your calculations on the new reduced rate. If you go through the opposite situation and your pay is increased, in the Appendix FM there is a case study that goes through that exact situation ( I think either in the CAT A section or CAT B). Also, get as much official documentation from your employer regarding any pay changes. Above all, I would advise being completely honest with it all.

Oh yeah, I ended up sending 12 months of bank statements and payslips as well, even though for CAT A only 6 months was required. Nonetheless, I figured it was better safe than sorry.

Also! On Appendix 2 I used the very last blank box to show my calculations regarding how I met the financial requirement. Make use of that box!!! ( and add a page if you have too). Again I was as honest as I could be, declaring any money from 3rd parties within the 6 months period and not using that in any of my official figures for cash savings.

Thank you to the guys who replied to me when I first posted my question. I'm wishing everyone the best! Now I know just how anxiety inducing this whole process is. I will post my timeline in the other thread too when I get a chance.

hlatif567
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hlatif567 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:51 pm

Hey congratulations and thank you for the insight! When did your spouse have their biometrics done?

hazmat54321
Newly Registered
England

Post by hazmat54321 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:11 am

Thank you, my spouse's biometrics were on the 18th November.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:52 pm

hazmat54321 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:12 pm
Guys!! good news! partners visa was approved a few days ago!!!

So it worked out by applying both jobs under Category A (+ cash savings (CAT D?), as I had been in both jobs more than 6 months. I was really worrying that they would end up wanting 6 months wage slips on the new pay rate for my primary job but they didn't. So yeah, if anyone goes through the situation of having your pay reduced at any point, just use your last 6 months payslips and do your calculations on the new reduced rate. If you go through the opposite situation and your pay is increased, in the Appendix FM there is a case study that goes through that exact situation ( I think either in the CAT A section or CAT B). Also, get as much official documentation from your employer regarding any pay changes. Above all, I would advise being completely honest with it all.

Oh yeah, I ended up sending 12 months of bank statements and payslips as well, even though for CAT A only 6 months was required. Nonetheless, I figured it was better safe than sorry.

Also! On Appendix 2 I used the very last blank box to show my calculations regarding how I met the financial requirement. Make use of that box!!! ( and add a page if you have too). Again I was as honest as I could be, declaring any money from 3rd parties within the 6 months period and not using that in any of my official figures for cash savings.

Thank you to the guys who replied to me when I first posted my question. I'm wishing everyone the best! Now I know just how anxiety inducing this whole process is. I will post my timeline in the other thread too when I get a chance.
Congratulations.