ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage/Divorce date issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

viki83

Marriage/Divorce date issue

Post by viki83 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:13 am

Hi,

While being married in the UK, if someone re-marries outside the UK in a country where polygamy is accepted and then later applied for divorce in the UK to first wife, would it cause any problems in applying for spouse visa for later wife whereas date of marriage will be BEFORE the date of divorce? I want to know simply if at the moment person is only married to one spouse and want to apply for spouse visa whereas the divorce date is later or after the marriage date, can it cause any issue or is it not allowed? if so then what is the solution.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Marriage/Divorce date issue

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:19 am

Yes, a visa will be refused as you were not free to marry. This has to be declared in the application form and evidence of divorce submitted.

The divorce decree absolute date must be before the date of your new marriage.

Many have made this mistake and been refused visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 am

Thanks for your reply. But what is the solution to this problem? Does it mean I can never bring my wife in the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:25 am

Your previous posts suggest you sponsored your ex wife for a spouse visa. In this instance, ukvi will have all the information about you and your marriage and will scrutinised any new application very carefully.

You will likely need to apply for a 6 months fiance visa, and then marry in the UK though the Refistrar before switching to a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.