ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points on Earning - How to calculate in this scenario?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vv129
Newly Registered

Points on Earning - How to calculate in this scenario?

Post by vv129 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:59 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 (General) VISA and I have a query on
calculating points for my previous earnings.

I basically work for an Indian company and am currently in the UK on secondment on work permit since Dec-07. I get per day allowance here and proper (almost full) salary back in India. What ever per diem I get here, I have to produce bills for that. This effectively means that I am not saving any money here and that I spend all the allowance here only.
Apart from the allowance (per diem for which i produce bills), I also get some GBP 700 per month as a special allowance which are taxed in India.

In such a scenario, can i claim the earning points by:
1. Showing the India salary as primary income, converting it into GBP & then multiplying in it by 5.3? - Since i am not earning here and its just an allowance for which i claim that i have spent it all by producing bills.

2. Adding to the total the 700 pounds per month that I get here.

Can you also suggest which all documents would be requied to state such a case?
Thanks you.
vic

LondonGuy

Post by LondonGuy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:13 pm

You can not apply uplift factor on any income earned in India while working in the UK. Total earning while you are working in UK will be

Indian salary earned in India(in GBP) + any UK salary paid in UK(GBP)

For any allowance paid in UK, if it's there in salary slip then I think point can be claimed

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:33 pm

Dear All,

I am planning to apply for the Tier 1 application by end of this month. For claiming the pervious earning I need to show the 12 months pay slips i.e. from Oct 2007 to Sep 2008. During this 12 months period I am having two salaries

Oct 2007 --> Indian salary

Nov 2007 to Feb 2008 UK full salary and it is credited to UK salary account and I am getting the basic salary in Indian.

March 2008 to 31 March 2008 Indian full salary credited to my Indian salary account.

April 2008 to Sep 2008 UK full salary and it is credited to UK salary account

While calculating my earning points in BIA tool I am calculating as below.

Oct 2007 Indian salary * exchange rate * 5.3 and selecting the country earned India and .

Nov 2007 to Feb 2008 UK salary and selected the country earned UK, during these period I am getting my India basic salary. The Indian basic salary I converted into GBP and added into my UK salary and not included the uplift ratio

March 2008 Indian salary * exchange rate * 5.3 and selected the country earned India

April 2008 to Sep 2008 UK salary and selected the country earned UK.

Please let me know whether I am using the right method to calculating my pervious earning points. Please clarify this.

Regards
Kandasamy