ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Fiance Visa - help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dreamray
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

UK Fiance Visa - help

Post by dreamray » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:10 pm

Hi,

My boyfriend is Montenegrin and we are in the process of completing an application for the finance visa. We want him here asap so hope to pay the extra for priority service.. my questions is, is this visa type classed as non-settlement? The Montenegrin TLS only offer 'PRIORITY VISA SERVICE (NON SETTLEMENT).

I feel like there has been hurdle after hurdle, would love to get a slice of good news.

Thank you!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Fiance Visa - help

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:34 pm

dreamray wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:10 pm
my questions is, is this visa type classed as non-settlement? The Montenegrin TLS only offer 'PRIORITY VISA SERVICE (NON SETTLEMENT).

!
I guess so because the time spent on fiancee visa doesn't lead to settlement under family route.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:28 pm

A fiance visa is classed under "Settlement Visa" category, ie Appendix FM.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:35 pm

Many thanks Cr001 for correction.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

dreamray
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dreamray » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:28 pm
A fiance visa is classed under "Settlement Visa" category, ie Appendix FM.
Thank you for taking the time to answer. Is this 100%? Seems that no country in the TLS list offers priority service outside of non-settlement.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:32 pm

It's in the settlement category.

There are those who offer it but it may be suspended for now.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

dreamray
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dreamray » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:47 am

Korekt wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:32 pm
It's in the settlement category.

There are those who offer it but it may be suspended for now.
Oh I see. OK, thank you. No hope for Christmas together then.

Thanks for your help.

dreamray
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dreamray » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:41 pm

Also, can I ask, re. the requirement to have been with the same employer for 6 months, how strict is this? There are opportunities that I'm missing out on which are better suited to my skills/ better remuneration.

Thank you, D

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:22 am

It is mandatory if you choose to meet the financial requirement using category A which requires only submitting 6 months payslips and corresponding bank statements.

If with employer for less than 6 months, then it's category B with 12 months payslips and corresponding bank statements.
You also have the option of meeting the requirement using category B even if you've been with your employer for at least 6 months.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:10 pm

dreamray wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:35 pm
Hello,

My boyfriend and I are on the cusp of sending an application for the finance visa for him to join me in the UK.

I've a couple of questions..

1) His country isn't currently running the english test. This would mean him having to travel to another country on a bus/ train which in the current Covid-19 climate is such a risk, especially as he cares for 3 elderly relatives. Do you know whether him not doing the test would result in him not getting accepted?

2) I've been in the same job for just over 6 months, earning over the minimum required salary. The problem is, I am utterly miserable. The environment has become incredibly toxic and my mental health is really suffering as a result. I've been trying to hang on for this visa because it feels like our only option to be together in the UK.. but I can't do another 3 months. My question is, will me leaving this position and taking a role that is a temporary one (Christmas temp) affect the application? There might also be a small gap between jobs.

This is all starting to feel so unreachable. Is there any other way for 2 people who've been in a relationship for 4 years to simply be able to live together in my house which I own in the UK?

Looking forward to some much-needed advise. Thank you.
1.If he has at least a bachelor degree then you may consider to get it assessed through Naric in lieu of English language test.
https://www.naric.org.uk/

2. For a straightforward application, ideally remaining employed with the present employer is wiser because UKVI caseworker liaise with the present employer. However, another safer manoeuvre you could do is to take paid/unpaid holidays from present employer which will keep you at least in their payroll record and in the meanwhile also start your new job.