ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-M Extension Category D Cash savings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asingh42
United Kingdom

FLR-M Extension Category D Cash savings

Post by asingh42 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:31 am

Hi guys,

My wife will be up for FLR-M extension in 8 months time and due to the ongoing situation with Covid 19 there is greater possiblity now that I am may loose my job which will cause trouble when it comes to the extension.

So I have asked my parents and my brother to gift me the funds to account for the £62,500 needed for the Category D. As I need to show the funds in my account for more than 6 months I must act quickly.

So my question is, will there be any objection by the the Home Office if I was receiving the funds from my brother and my parents.

Also will I have to provide written statements from both to prove the sources of the funds?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: FLR-M Extension Category D Cash savings

Post by TODMATT » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:04 pm

asingh42 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:31 am
Hi guys,

My wife will be up for FLR-M extension in 8 months time and due to the ongoing situation with Covid 19 there is greater possiblity now that I am may loose my job which will cause trouble when it comes to the extension.

So I have asked my parents and my brother to gift me the funds to account for the £62,500 needed for the Category D. As I need to show the funds in my account for more than 6 months I must act quickly.

So my question is, will there be any objection by the the Home Office if I was receiving the funds from my brother and my parents.

Also will I have to provide written statements from both to prove the sources of the funds?
"Savings must be held in cash in a personal bank/savings account in the name of the applicant, their partner or the couple jointly. The savings can be from any legal source, including a gift from a family member or other third party, provided the source of the cash savings is declared. The applicant and/or their partner must confirm that the money, which cannot be borrowed, is under their control and evidence that it has been held in their bank account for at least the 6 months prior to the date of application."

See page 46
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.