ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

emwolf
Newly Registered
United States of America

Naturalisation Queries

Post by emwolf » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Hiya,

1. Driving tickets: I think I got a ticket for using my cell phone while driving and running a stop sign over 10 years ago in the USA. I requested my driving record from my home state, and they both have been wiped and do not show on the record. Do I still report these? I haven't reported them on any other visa (to be honest, i didn't even think about them at the time) so if I do report them now, is that considered deceptive?

2. Criminal Record: When I was in high school, I was stupidly caught shoplifting with friends. As a juvenile and no criminal history, my record was sealed and expunged. It's never been an issue for any other visa, jobs, etc. I always assumed no one could ever pull this up so never mentioned it on any application. Now that I am doing research for naturalisation, I am worried this will show up - Is that possible? I really do not want to report a sealed/expunged record if it's not going to show.

3. Travel History: All my trips outside the UK are stamped on my passport however there is ONE trip which I don't have stamps for. This was a trip last year to the USA (my home country). I've reported this trip on the application but do I need to do anything else?

Thank you all!!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation Queries

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:32 pm

1) No.
2) Was that in UK or elsewhere? Were you arrested only or convicted also?
3) Best is to mention in the cover letter and attach a flight ticket for that trip.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

emwolf
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by emwolf » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:29 pm

Thanks for your response.

1. No as in I do not need to report them, or no as in report them and it will not be considered deceptive?
2. It was in the USA in 2006. I was able to attend a 'youth peer court' where students got to choose my outcome. I found some information about this type of country system and it says no criminal record is recorded when you use this. https://newsroom.courts.ca.gov/news/tee ... ond-chance
3. Perfect, thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:12 pm

1) No need to declare.
2) Best to declare this but it will have NO impact on your application. Note I am not aware how the US system works so do your own research. But I can tell you this will have no impact on your application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.