ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SWISS VISA

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prameshks1
Newly Registered

SWISS VISA

Post by prameshks1 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:24 am

Hi.. I am in UK with tourist visa for 6 months. I am resident of Nepal. I would like to travel to Switzerland. Can i apply visa in Swiss Embassy London or do i have to go back to Nepal to do that? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: SWISS VISA

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:34 am

prameshks1 wrote:Hi.. I am in UK with tourist visa for 6 months. I am resident of Nepal. I would like to travel to Switzerland. Can i apply visa in Swiss Embassy London or do i have to go back to Nepal to do that? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you.
Almost certainly from Nepal - usually the rule is u can apply from wherever you have residence - but visitor is not resident.

Check that Nepalese citizens need a visa tho, you never know!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:21 am

There is nothing that I can see on the website of the Swiss Embassy in London to say that people who are not resident in the UK may not apply for a visa. The Swiss visa system is very pragmatic, so it might well be that one can apply in those circumstances...

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: SWISS VISA

Post by sakura » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:31 pm

prameshks1 wrote:Hi.. I am in UK with tourist visa for 6 months. I am resident of Nepal. I would like to travel to Switzerland. Can i apply visa in Swiss Embassy London or do i have to go back to Nepal to do that? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you.
You need to apply in your home/main country of residence:
VFS Global Swiss Visa wrote:Passport holders with multiples UK C visitors visa need a Swiss visa unless their national passport allows them to travel without a Swiss visa to Switzerland (see Question 4).

Swiss visas must be applied for and obtained from the Swiss Embassy/Consulate in the country of residence. The Swiss Embassy in London is NOT authorised to issue Swiss visas to multiple UK visitors visa holders.