ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Refund Lower Than Expected

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

revelation21
Newly Registered
Ghana

IHS Refund Lower Than Expected

Post by revelation21 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:54 pm

I have received a IHS refund that is lower than I expect. I'm now trying to understand how refunds are calculated. Please see context below:

1) Original visas (T2G and one dependent) were issued March 11 2019, valid till April 4 2024. We paid a IHS surcharge of £2,000 per person as part of this application.
2) New visas (T2G and one dependent - changed at same time) were approved October 17 2020 and are valid till March 11 2025. A IHS surcharge of £1,800 per person was paid as part of this application.

We had 3 years and ~5 months left on our original visas. Therefore, I was expecting a refund of £1,200 (3 years) or £1,366 (3 years 5 months) per person.

Instead, I have only received a refund of £600 and the remarks indicate this is only for my dependent. My questions are as follows:
1) Should my expected refund per person be higher than the £600 I have received so far?
2) Do they usually refund the IHS surcharge separately for each applicant?

Please let me know if I am missing something or have the calculations wrong. Thanks in advance for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS Refund Lower Than Expected

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:43 pm

The main thing you missed is that it was NOT necessary to apply for a dependent visa if the main applicant changed employers.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/when ... 98586.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

revelation21
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: IHS Refund Lower Than Expected

Post by revelation21 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:10 pm

Thank you. I didn’t miss that. My new employer insisted and I let them as they were paying all the costs (including the new IHS fees).

Any comments on my actual question re: the IHS refunds?