ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence letter: holiday vs absence from the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seank
Newly Registered

Absence letter: holiday vs absence from the UK

Post by seank » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:36 am

Hi,

I've got a question regarding the absence letter. I've seen the templates in the forum.

I have worked for two employees during the past 5 years.

Employee one has sent me a letter which has listed all the periods I was on holiday (not necessarily outside of the UK) and sick days. In the letter, nothing mentioned related to whether I was in the UK or not.
Would that be a problem?

For current employee I worked remotely outside of the UK for a few periods. I've got a letter which again listed all my holidays and working remotely periods. But again not all of the holidays was spent outside of the UK. Is this fine?

And regarding the signature, neither of the letters are signed. But they are letters from HR. Do they need to be signed at all?

Thank you.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Absence letter: holiday vs absence from the UK

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:41 am

Hello

Your employer is not supposed to know your whereabouts during your holidays. That's why they just state you were on holiday from X to Y and that's it. Beyond that, it's not their business really.

As long as the letter contains all their contact details and the name of the HR person is there, it should be fine.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:09 pm

You employer simply needs to say that your absences from work were approved by them. The details of your absences or what you did are NOT relevant. No employer will provide such letter and no one expects them to do either.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seank
Newly Registered

Post by seank » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:12 pm

Understood, thank you.

Based on what you said, Is what I have right now acceptable or do I need to ask my employer to give me a letter which has a similar wording like "absences from work were approved by them" ?

Thank you.

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:02 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:09 pm
You employer simply needs to say that your absences from work were approved by them. The details of your absences or what you did are NOT relevant. No employer will provide such letter and no one expects them to do either.
Not necessarily to inform all absence from Work (Even while in UK too). For ILR application all its accounts for period that is stayed outside of UK which needs a writing from Employer.

Try something like this or request with your employer to add in Foreseeable letter - "Attached is the period of personal holidays he has been away from the UK since First Date of Visa Approval. All holidays were taken from his paid-annual holiday entitlement, and there were no additional or unpaid leave"

You may be still taking a holiday and be in UK which doesn't which is irrelevant