ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received an email from Home office (spouse visa application)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tania10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Forgot to send P60 for spouse visa application

Post by Tania10 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I recently applied for my spouse visa and I totally forgot to upload the p60. We have the contract, employment letter, bank statements and payslip but not the p60.

On the sponsor cover letter that we sent in, I mentioned the p60 as part of the documents that were to be submitted and I was wondering if that would be to our detriment?

My husband has been at his current job for 11 months and he meets the income requirement which has been evidenced by statements and payslips.

What do we do now? Upload the p60 or re-upload a different cover letter to state that we won’t be submitting a p60?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Forgot to send P60 for spouse visa application

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:25 pm

What purpose was the P60 to serve? If you have met the requirements and all then you should be good.
You didn't mention letter from employer though.

Tania10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tania10 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:07 am

Double post..
Last edited by Tania10 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tania10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tania10 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:09 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:25 pm
What purpose was the P60 to serve? If you have met the requirements and all then you should be good.
Yeah sorry the employment letter is letter from the employer. So basically we have the contract, letter from employer, bank statement and payslips.

The P60 was supposed to serve as part of the financial/employment evidence? I already referenced it in the cover letter we submitted so that’s why I’m worried.

Should I resend another cover letter to state that we didn’t include the p60 and it was a mistake?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:34 am

Tania10 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:09 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Yeah sorry the employment letter is letter from the employer. So basically we have the contract, letter from employer, bank statement and payslips.

The P60 was supposed to serve as part of the financial/employment evidence? I already referenced it in the cover letter we submitted so that’s why I’m worried. P60 not needed.

Should I resend another cover letter to state that we didn’t include the p60 and it was a mistake? If you have the chance to upload then it will be the P60, if not leave things as they are.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:35 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:34 am
Tania10 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:

The P60 was supposed to serve as part of the financial/employment evidence? I already referenced it in the cover letter we submitted so that’s why I’m worried. P60 not needed.

Should I resend another cover letter to state that we didn’t include the p60 and it was a mistake? If you have the chance to upload then it will be the P60, if not leave things as they are.

Tania10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tania10 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:05 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:35 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Tania10 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:

Thank you! The P60 is a bit confusing as it doesn’t show the full amount my partner has earned. He’s been at his current job since last year September but his p60 earnings don’t reflect that. His income before tax is £22,000 so I’m hoping the payslip and bank statements are enough.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:26 pm

Tania10 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:05 pm
I’m hoping the payslip and bank statements are enough.
The above and the employer letter are mandatory documents. The P60 isn't.

It's up to you to decide whether or not to submit it.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Tania10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tania10 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:06 pm

Korekt wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:26 pm
Tania10 wrote:
I’m hoping the payslip and bank statements are enough.
The above and the employer letter are mandatory documents. The P60 isn't.

It's up to you to decide whether or not to submit it.
Thank you. I’ve got another question, I’m switching from tier 4 to spouse visa and I forgot to mention that in the cover letter. Will this be an issue?

The reason I ask is because the FLR(M) is used for different situations and I should have made it clear on the cover letter that this was my first spouse visa application but I didn’t. I uploaded my passport and biometric residence permit so is that enough?

Just don’t want to give them any reason to toss my application

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:05 am

Tania10 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:35 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Tania10 wrote:

Thank you! The P60 is a bit confusing as it doesn’t show the full amount my partner has earned. He’s been at his current job since last year September but his p60 earnings don’t reflect that. His income before tax is £22,000 so I’m hoping the payslip and bank statements are enough.
This is why the P60 is not a correct evidence to use in reflecting or proving actual income.
Wctimg

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:33 am

Tania10 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:06 pm
Thank you. I’ve got another question, I’m switching from tier 4 to spouse visa and I forgot to mention that in the cover letter. Will this be an issue?

The reason I ask is because the FLR(M) is used for different situations and I should have made it clear on the cover letter that this was my first spouse visa application but I didn’t. I uploaded my passport and biometric residence permit so is that enough?

Nothing to worry about. It won't be an issue.
They've asked the questions they want answers to on the application form.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Tania10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tania10 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:02 am

Korekt wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:33 am
Tania10 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:06 pm

Nothing to worry about. It won't be an issue.
They've asked the questions they want answers to on the application form.
Hello! It’s me again with my silly brain.

This time around I forgot to include my recent travel history. I know people can get their visas refused for not disclosing accurate travel histories. What do I do?

My husband and I went away end of August 2020 to Gibraltar but when asked if I had been out of the UK, I said yes but i put down that I went to Nigeria back in October 2019. I totally forgot to put down Gibraltar instead. Is there a number I could call to explain or should I wait till my biometrics?

Tania10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tania10 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:39 am

Anyone?? Mods?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:30 pm

Better to attach an amended covering letter wherever (app/appointment) you will be able to upload.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Tania10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Received an email from Home office (spouse visa application)

Post by Tania10 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:35 pm

Hello all,

I just received an email from home office requesting for documentary evidence that my husband and I have been residing in the United Kingdom.

The email stated that this evidence should be from at least 6 official sources per year and addressed to BOTH parties either jointly or separately.

This is our first visa application and I’m switching from tier 4 visa. My partner and I moved in together in March, currently living with my uncle and we have no letters / bills addressed to us yet.

And I thought we only had to provide this documents during the second extension?

What do I do? Should I send an email explaining all of this?