ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tezzaaa
Newly Registered
France

Slightly over 270 days i.e. 272 days in pst 3 years

Post by tezzaaa » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:12 pm

Hi,

I'm in the process of applying for naturalisation, wife is British, got ILR etc everything fine but i've been travelling quite a bit for work reason in the past 3 years. As a result i'm slightly over the 270 days limit in past 3 years (272) ; would that be ok? and how shall i fill the form? do I need to tick that I do not meet all the requirerement but feel that should be accepted?

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Slightly over 270 days i.e. 272 days in pst 3 years

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:37 pm

Shouldn't be a problem - you are still within tolerance. You are basically meeting the requirements.
Refer to AN Guidance - page 12: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:44 pm

See here (page 16):

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... n_v6.0.pdf

"Where the applicant exceeds the permitted absence by 30 days or less you must exercise discretion unless there are other grounds on which the application falls to be refused."

It seems to me you will not have any problem.

If you are an anxious type, you might
- consider adding a letter from your employer stating that your travel was unavoidable consequence of your employment
- If you spent at least 5 years in UK, and was away less then 450 days in those 5 years, apply on the 5 years basis (it is allowed)
- wait until your absences are down to 270

tezzaaa
Newly Registered
France

Post by tezzaaa » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:04 pm

thank you for your replies & best wishes

tezzaaa
Newly Registered
France

Biometric Appointment

Post by tezzaaa » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:08 pm

Hi,

I'm about to submit my application online but I need to go abroad to visit my mother who is not well. Can someone please indicate if the biometric appointment is compulsory (I've never done any) and how quickly can I do it? can i do it near where I live (East London) or do I need to go to Croydon ?

I understand I will have to upload my documents etc but i'm not sure about the above.

Thank you :-)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric Appointment

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:14 pm

Biometrics enrollment is mandatory.

It depends on the availability at whichever centre you choose.

No you do not have to specifically go to Croydon.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.