ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply from inside Australia?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

markhoward
Newly Registered

Can I apply from inside Australia?

Post by markhoward » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:50 pm

I am British and I am married, to my wife, an Australian. We are currently in the UK, she on a Spousal visa. We intend to go back to Australia soon and I want to just check that I have my facts straight in thinking that I can enter Australia on a visitors visa and apply for my Spousal visa once I'm there?

Many thanks to all on this wonderful board.

markhoward
Newly Registered

Post by markhoward » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:42 am

to answer my own question, www.britishexpats.com appears to have the most relevant info I have found...

JAJ
Australia

Re: Can I apply from inside Australia?

Post by JAJ » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:24 am

markhoward wrote:I am British and I am married, to my wife, an Australian. We are currently in the UK, she on a Spousal visa. We intend to go back to Australia soon and I want to just check that I have my facts straight in thinking that I can enter Australia on a visitors visa and apply for my Spousal visa once I'm there?

Much smarter to get your spouse visa in London before leaving.

markhoward
Newly Registered

Post by markhoward » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:01 pm

Yes, Ive researched this and agree and am now in the process of applying from England.