ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Cert needed for Father/Grandfather?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

phil72
Newly Registered
Scotland

Marriage Cert needed for Father/Grandfather?

Post by phil72 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi All,

Started Irish FBR this week and was all ready to send off the docs pack when I had a doubt about what is required in my case.

I'm applying through my father (born outside Ireland, deceased) and grandfather (born in Ireland, deceased). I thought I only needed birth and death certs for both, but now wonder if I need marriage certs for them?

The wording on the website is really ambigious and I thought it was only to prove name changes. Now not so sure. Their webchat service is down so can't check direct.

Also - I am divorced - they won't want to see my marriage cert will they?

TIA!

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Marriage Cert needed for Father/Grandfather?

Post by jamiepompey » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:35 pm

Yes you'll need their marriage certificates as well. (I sent them in for my FBR application which has been approved).

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:04 pm

Yes you need their marriage certificates as well, they want full lineage. You don't need to send your own marriage certificate unless you've had a name change yourself.

phil72
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by phil72 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:31 am

jamiepompey wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:35 pm
Yes you'll need their marriage certificates as well. (I sent them in for my FBR application which has been approved).
Thanks!

phil72
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by phil72 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:31 am

DanaMarie wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:04 pm
Yes you need their marriage certificates as well, they want full lineage. You don't need to send your own marriage certificate unless you've had a name change yourself.
Thanks! Makes sense.