ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FBI Background Check/Fingerprinting Experience

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andy0222
Newly Registered
Ireland

FBI Background Check/Fingerprinting Experience

Post by andy0222 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:15 am

I hope my experience would help those needing a FBI background check for their citizenship application.

TL;DR: You DON'T need to use the FBI fingerprint cards, a Garda card will do.

I applied and paid for the the background check online and went to the local Garda station for fingerprinting. The cost is 60 euro and it needs to be in a form of a postal order. My local station insisted on using the Garda fingerprinting card; I relented and went with it.

Afterwards I called the FBI background check support line and they confirmed with me that as long as the form includes your name, address, signature, DOB, nationality and reason to request ("voluntary" option on Garda form), they can process it. Apparently the FBI fingerprint card is recommended, but not a requirement.

The card was sent out using An Post untracked international letter service on Oct 14 and I got the background check result today, exactly 2 weeks later. Quite speedy considering the current COVID environment.

Good luck!

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: FBI Background Check/Fingerprinting Experience

Post by Vorona » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:03 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: