ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling abroad from UK after submitting application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ibdo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Travelling abroad from UK after submitting application

Post by ibdo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:56 pm

Hi,

I want to know if travelling abroad is allowed with an application sitting with UKVI, but previous visa still valid for four more weeks.

Advice appreciated.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Travelling abroad from UK after submitting application

Post by lolo2 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:33 pm

Have you finished your studies with your previous visa? assuming it is a Tier 4 and you are applying for another Tier 4.

ibdo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ibdo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:18 pm

Yes, previous studies are complete. That visa is still valid and I have applied for extension for new degree. Can I travel on the previous visa or is it not valid anymore?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:11 pm

If you leave the UK while you have an application pending with ukvi, your application will be considered withdrawn and you lose your fee paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:26 pm

As CR001 said, your new application will be withdrawn. Also, most likely you will be denied to enter to the UK.

The immigration officer at the airport will notice that you have finished your studies so there's no reason for you to stay in the UK. The time remaining in your current visa is irrelevant.

You need to wait until your extension is approved and you get the new BRP to travel abroad.

Hope it helps!

ibdo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ibdo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:20 pm

Thanks for the replies. Very helpfull.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:17 am

lolo2 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:26 pm
Also, most likely you will be denied to enter to the UK.

The immigration officer at the airport will notice that you have finished your studies so there's no reason for you to stay in the UK. The time remaining in your current visa is irrelevant.
As people have said, if you travel outside the Common Travel Area while an application is pending, the application is withdrawn.

However this separate warning that re-entry to the UK during the post-study period is "most likely" to be denied is wrong. It is perfectly fine to re-enter the UK on extant leave at any time during the validity of a Tier 4 student visa. It is confirmed in the Tier 4 policy guidance

273. Once your sponsor has confirmed that your studies are complete, and you are therefore in your post-study period, you may do the following:
• Enter and leave the UK
• Work full-time in the UK, if your conditions of leave permit you to work
• Study in the UK
• Visit areas in the UK
• Apply to remain in the UK under an appropriate alternative route (e.g. Tier 1 and Tier 2).

274. Please be aware that if you do travel during your post-study period, Border Force officials will need to be satisfied when you are entering the UK that you will either complete the activity you intend to carry out and leave the UK before your visa expires, or that you will submit an in-time application to extend your leave in the UK. You should carry any documentation relevant with you when you travel to show to the Border Force officer if required.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.