ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMPO Durham - long waiting time

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Stefan Piatek
Poland

HMPO Durham - long waiting time

Post by Stefan Piatek » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:16 pm

On the 14th of October, my application for the first British passport has been approved in HMPO Durham. Since then it has not been printed nor sent. My documents have not been sent back to me either. I have sent an email and received an automatic response that they need my documents to finish the process of making my passport (I have mentioned it has already been approved). I have sent a second email on Saturday to which no one as replied to me even though they said they will reply within 72 hours. I called them yesterday and I was told that my application is still in examination. When I mentioned that it has been approved they told me that I am wrong. I said that most passports are getting printed and sent the next day, the lady just answered that I have to wait and that everything is going well.

My question is: is anyone else waiting this long for their passport to get printed after the application has been approved? I understand that it takes a long time to get an approval, I checked British Passport application processing timelines (only) topic and 99.9% applications get sent after 1 working day, but no one waits 2 weeks to have theirs printed.

Thank you very much for any answer to my question.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: HMPO Durham - long waiting time

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:50 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.