ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using expired IELTS - please advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shammu2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Using expired IELTS - please advice

Post by Shammu2020 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi
I am applying for ILR in November under 5 years spouse route. I have taken my IELTS academic in January 2014 and used twice to extend my visa (latest in June 2018). I was under impression that I can use this again for my settlement but while completing on line form it seems I don’t have any option to provide or select this. Then I checked for update and it seems HO updated their laws in September but I am still confused whether I can use my expired IELTS or I have to take another test. I took my IELTS in Manchester and score was above 7 in all component.

Could anyone please help me with my query if I can use my old IELTS or I have to sit again? If the first one then how to provide my IELTS details in online app.

I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Using expired IELTS - please advice

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:17 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Shammu2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shammu2020 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:54 pm

Thanks seagul, I have read this and then got confused as not sure if IELTS Academic considered same as IELTS for UKVI. Also this doesn’t state what to put into the online app.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:14 pm

Shammu2020 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:54 pm
Thanks seagul, I have read this and then got confused as not sure if IELTS Academic considered same as IELTS for UKVI.
1 Both Academic and General Training versions are accepted. The CEFR requirement for each skill must be met.
2 IELTS for UKVI can be used where IELTS Life Skills is required. Test takers would need to a score of 4.0 or above in Speaking and Listening (scores for Reading and Writing will be ignored).
https://www.ielts.org/what-is-ielts/iel ... plications
Shammu2020 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:54 pm
Also this doesn’t state what to put into the online app.
First and foremost is to make sure that the test is still on the list and then simply upload it along with/without covering letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

usmann
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by usmann » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:15 am

you can use it if it was accepted for previous application and still on approved list of home office and upload a cover letter with explanation it should be fine

Shammu2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shammu2020 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:47 pm

Thanks for your reply. I was worried about the time but while checking availability of B1 test I found its available almost every weekend. So I booked one & cleared this on Saturday. I am sure I could have used mine expired one which I did twice but didn’t want to take the risk for the sake of £150. The only difference between mine and the list is the word SELT. Wasn’t sure if they will agree IELTS Academic & SELT IELTS are the same.
Thanks again.

Shammu2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shammu2020 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:10 pm

Hi
It’s me again. Just wanted to know if employment letter from the employer through the email is acceptable? Requested employment letter 3 weeks ago and after chasing numerous times yesterday received an email with the employment letter attached but not signed. Even though they said they have posted a copy I really doubt as I didn’t receive it today.
Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:18 pm

Shammu2020 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:10 pm
Hi
It’s me again. Just wanted to know if employment letter from the employer through the email is acceptable? Requested employment letter 3 weeks ago and after chasing numerous times yesterday received an email with the employment letter attached but not signed. Even though they said they have posted a copy I really doubt as I didn’t receive it today.
Thanks.
If it is prepared on company's official letter head then should be fine. Wet signature most likely due to covid19 won't be enforced/noticed.

Shammu2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shammu2020 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:22 pm

Thanks Seagul, it is on a official letterhead.

Shammu2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shammu2020 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:42 pm

Hiya, submitted my application at last! Could any one please let me know if I need to book my biometric appointment now or shall I wait for UKBA email to see if I am exempted? Also shall I start scanning documents UKVCAS website now or I can do it later?
Thanks in advance for your help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:34 pm

Shammu2020 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:42 pm
Hiya, submitted my application at last! Could any one please let me know if I need to book my biometric appointment now or shall I wait for UKBA email to see if I am exempted? Also shall I start scanning documents UKVCAS website now or I can do it later?
You have not scanned your supporting documents yet but you have pressed the SUBMIT key?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:08 pm

Shammu2020 wrote:
shall I wait for UKBA email to see if I am exempted?
UKVI

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:09 pm

Shammu2020 wrote:
You have to book an appointment. Ther is no Idv app anymore unless applying for a student visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shammu2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shammu2020 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:18 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:34 pm
Shammu2020 wrote:
You have not scanned your supporting documents yet but you have pressed the SUBMIT key?
I haven’t scanned my supporting documents yet but yes pressed submit and made the payment. Am I missing something?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:48 pm

You can upload your documents anytime before your appointment. The normal appointments are running at a 28 days lag these days. So if you book tonight, you are looking at 18 Dec, unless you are lucky and there is an earlier cancellation of appointment which you may get. You can upload anytime before appointment. However, the sooner you upload, you can benefit from the new “Self-submission” feature which is optional (your documents are sent direct to UKVI even before biometrics).

After you pay and submit via UKVI account;
You need to create an account on UKVCAS through your further actions page (UKVI account) for next steps i.e. book an appointment and upload documents.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Shammu2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shammu2020 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:16 pm

Thanks Cullinan for your response in details. Really appreciate your help.

princessb
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by princessb » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:48 pm
You can upload your documents anytime before your appointment. The normal appointments are running at a 28 days lag these days. So if you book tonight, you are looking at 18 Dec, unless you are lucky and there is an earlier cancellation of appointment which you may get. You can upload anytime before appointment. However, the sooner you upload, you can benefit from the new “Self-submission” feature which is optional (your documents are sent direct to UKVI even before biometrics).

After you pay and submit via UKVI account;
You need to create an account on UKVCAS through your further actions page (UKVI account) for next steps i.e. book an appointment and upload documents.
Hi Cullinan

I hope you don't mind me quoting your reply to this post but I just wanted to ask regarding the UKVCAS self-submission feature. It says I can "submit" my uploaded documents until 48 hours before my appointment, however, it has been more than 48 hours now as my appointment is on Tuesday. So when I checked, the submit button is no longer there. I haven't submitted yet as I am still lacking one more document which I will obtain tomorrow. Does this mean all my uploaded documents have not been "submitted" to the UKVI? Do I need to purchase the Document Scanning service now? Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:01 pm

@princessb
No. Self-submission is OPTIONAL. You missed the window but nothing to worry. You can upload as normal anytime before appointment. Your documents will be submitted by the staff at the appointment as normal. No need to purchase any documents checking service(DCS). Just FYI, for DCS, you need to upload documents up to 48hrs before appointment anyways so it is of no use to you. DCS is a waste anyways.
Please keep your future questions in your own thread:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/soc-code-let ... l#p1963363
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Shammu2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shammu2020 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:39 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:18 pm
Shammu2020 wrote:
Hi
Thanks.
If it is prepared on company's official letter head then should be fine. Wet signature most likely due to covid19 won't be enforced/noticed.
Hi
I have submitted all documents including the copy of the received from my employer and employment letter - not signed. Yesterday attended my biometric appointment and today I received a signed copy of my employment letter through the post.
Could you please let me have your expert opinion if I should upload this to ukvi through UKVCAS? The letter I received today is dated before my application submission date.
Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:45 pm

Shammu2020 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:39 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:18 pm
Shammu2020 wrote:
Hi
Thanks.
Hi
I have submitted all documents including the copy of the received from my employer and employment letter - not signed. Yesterday attended my biometric appointment and today I received a signed copy of my employment letter through the post.
Could you please let me have your expert opinion if I should upload this to ukvi through UKVCAS? The letter I received today is dated before my application submission date.
Thanks
Just keep that one in your possession until if that will be asked by the caseworker.

Shammu2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shammu2020 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:41 pm

Thanks Seagul, I will wait and see if they ask for it. One more thing, even though I have already attended my biometric appointment, UKVCAS website still showing upload option and my appointment still showing live. It’s not marked as attended or anything? Is that usual?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:02 pm

Shammu2020 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:41 pm
Thanks Seagul, I will wait and see if they ask for it. One more thing, even though I have already attended my biometric appointment, UKVCAS website still showing upload option and my appointment still showing live. It’s not marked as attended or anything? Is that usual?
Yes pretty usual.It will remain unchanged even until you will receive the decision as per few members. But