ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application during Christmas and eligibility for dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arunabirthi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Application during Christmas and eligibility for dependents

Post by arunabirthi » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:19 pm

Hello ,

I am on Tier 2 general and I will be applying for ILR (via 5 years route) in December 2020.
My Visa Expires on 28/12/2020 and I will be eligible to apply from 1st December 2020.
My husband and my elder child got their Visa issued on 23/01/2016 and were living in the UK since then and hence will be eligible to apply from 25th December 2020.Considering this being a holiday period , should they be applying for ILR , the previous working day ? If they apply the next working day , the visa will expire . Should we submit any additional document in this case ? What is the procedure that we need to follow ? Can you please advise.

My second child is born in the UK and her visa also expires on 28th December. If my ILR is delayed and doesn't arrive within 28th Dec, I can't apply for naturalisation for her. What needs to be done in this case. Can you please advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Application during Christmas and eligibility for dependents

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:32 pm

You apply online. Date of application is the date you pay and submit online. Can be submitted on Christmas day/bank holidays etc.
Having said that, the earliest your dependents can apply is 25th Dec, does not mean they have to apply only then. They may apply anytime before their visa expiry.

UK born’s visa expiry or your own visa expiry will have no impact on the eligibility to register the child as British Citizen. It’s irrelevant.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.