ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship query for family on ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harshitguptaiitr
India

Citizenship query for family on ILR

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:47 am

For the immigration journey below, need some help with citizenship application please:

Mar-2010: Husband Tier 2 ICT Migrant Visa granted
Apr-2010: Arrived in UK and started employment
Feb-2014: Got Married and Spouse got Dependent Visa
Mar-2014: Wife came to UK as Tier 2 Dependent
Oct-2015: Wife went to home country during pregnancy
Mar-2016: Child-1 born to the couple outside the UK.
Apr-2016: Child-1 and Wife comes back to the UK (Child-1 spent less than 2 months in home country and mother spent 178 days) as a Tier 2 ICT Dependent
Sep-2016: Husband granted Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK
Apr-2018: Child-2 born to the couple in the UK. Assumed UK citizen as Husband has ILR and Child-2 born in UK.
May-2018: Applied & received for UK passport of Child-2
Nov-2020: Wife and Child-1 granted ILR

In the family of 4:
- Husband, Wife and Child-1 has ILR
- Child-2 has UK passport

We need help in understanding the following:
  • When will Child-1 (born in 2016) become eligible for UK citizenship ?
  • Can only Child-1 apply for UK citizenship ?
  • What will be documentation required if only Child-1 was applying ? What form will be needed ?
  • Is there any financial benefit if everyone apply together (other than processing time obviously) ?
  • What steps can family take to ensure smooth processing for UK citizenship application ?
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship query for family on ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:22 am

Child 1 can apply for UK citizenship when either the husband or wife (as above example) i.e. either child’s mother or father is applying for British Citizenship.

Father is already eligible. So child 1 can apply with father now.
Mother will be eligible in Nov 2021 or if mother’s husband becomes British Citizen can apply earlier too.

Each application is processed in its own merits and costs the same. It is entirely your choice when to apply now or later.

Father will apply on AN
Child 1 will apply on MN1

Father and child 1 can be in the same account (if you want to apply now or all family members can apply together also in Nov 2021 when mother is eligible also). Father can create an account and add child1 in the same account as a “child below 18.”
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:31 pm

Thanks for confirming that Child 1 cannot apply on their own, have to be with a parent.

Since Child-1 and parent have different forms (MN and AN) - can they be put in a single application online?

Are documents (passport and others) uploaded on an online portal (similar to Sopra Steria for ILR) or are they physically posted ?

Lastly, what documents will be required so that we can start preparing for this.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:36 pm

Parent can register one account and fill his/her form (for now father), once completed, the same account will allow the child to be added. Choose “child below 18” and the form will adapt accordingly.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -Jul19.pdf

Scanned and uploaded.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:47 pm

Thanks for super quick & helpful response :D

Sorry, 2 more pending questions from previous post:

Are documents (passport and others) uploaded on an online portal (similar to Sopra Steria for ILR) or are they physically posted ?

What documents will be required so that we can start preparing for this.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:58 pm

By reading other areas, I think I am able to answer some of the questions:
I see this is same as UKVCAS. I upload scanned copy of documents.
What documents will be required so that we can start preparing for this.
  • Passport scan - Child and Wife
  • BRP scan - Child and Wife, which we will get from ILR
  • Life in UK reference number, for Wife, used for ILR
  • English Language (IELTS B1) scan, which Wife used for ILR
  • Wife has no work history in the UK and hence don't know anyone in a professional capacity
  • Joint mortgage statement - last 3 years to prove residence in UK
  • Join council tax bill - last 3 years to prove residence in UK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:05 pm

Wife has no work history in the UK and hence don't know anyone in a professional capacity
It does NOT have to be someone she has worked with professionally. It simply needs to be someone she know with a profession on the list, ie a friend who is a nurse or teacher or even a minister of religion or pharmacist.
Joint mortgage statement - last 3 years to prove residence in UK
Join council tax bill - last 3 years to prove residence in UK
None if this is required!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:10 pm

It does NOT have to be someone she has worked with professionally. It simply needs to be someone she know with a profession on the list, ie a friend who is a nurse or teacher or even a minister of religion or pharmacist.
Thanks for the clarification! She knows a few people from husband's work place who are on the list. Didn't realise that can be used.

Also thanks for the clarification on the simple set of documents needed. For ILR, wife had to show proof of cohabitation and clearly that is not needed here.

Question:
Does wife has to show proof of residence in the UK for 5 years prior to the AN application? Or that is self evident through the entry/exit stamps in the passport? - (we will scan all pages)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:48 pm

Passport stamps covering 5 year qualifying period is enough.