ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SURINDER SINGH ROUTE AND ID DOCUMENTS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

speedy_star
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

SURINDER SINGH ROUTE AND ID DOCUMENTS

Post by speedy_star » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:27 pm

Dear Sirs,
Hello Friends. I need your help and the following matter. Your valuable advice will be much appreciated.

I am applying for Settled Status, based on the Surinder Singh route, and will be sending the paper documents by registered post. In the application guidance notes, it has been asked to send the ID documents along with the application form. I may need to use my passport when I attend my biometric appointment. But if my passport is sent it along with the application form then what could be used as an ID document. I do not have the full or provisional Driving license at all to show my ID. Please advise and guide how could I use the ID document if I send one with the application form. Your help and support in this regard will be much appreciated.

msmoby_ru

Re: SURINDER SINGH ROUTE AND ID DOCUMENTS

Post by msmoby_ru » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:48 pm

Bit confused

Are you outside the UK, applying for an EEA FP ?

speedy_star
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by speedy_star » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:22 pm

Thank you very much for your response.
I am in UK and previously have been granted EU residence card for the period of 5 years. Now applying for settled status after almost 5 years. The applicant applying through Surinder Singh route have the only option of applying through paper based application form. I have received the application from Home Office and it's not mentioned whether I should original or copy of the document. I have given a call to the concerned department of Home Office, and got two different answers. First I was not to send the original of ID documents as I will need my ID Document for biometric appointment and the second response was vice versa. I am confused what to do. Please advise if you know about it. Your help in this regards will be much appreciated.

Haid3
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Haid3 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:44 pm

I applied and I sent my Passport to them.
They sent my passport back after 4 weeks.
So dont hesitate.i applied 2 months ago.
Only mention in the document chack list "passport Original"