ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Processes and dates

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

watway_as
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR Processes and dates

Post by watway_as » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:48 am

Hi
I had previously asked a few questions, but the original post is now locked, hence adding a new post.

My background: I am on T2 General Dep, my wife is the main T2 General holder - Our visas expire in Feb 2021.

I have some questions please:

1. For English language test, we have taken the Trinity GESE Grade 5 (CEFR Level B1.1) in Sep 2020. How long does this certificate last, as there is no expiry date on the physical certificate nor does the email inform us of the same.

2. For cohabitation proof, I understand that we must furnish proof for the last 2 years of our 5-year T2 General stay. We have identified one document in a joint name per quarter (or two documents in individual names when a joint name document isn't available). We have also ensured that at least 5 distinct sources of the documents are available across the whole 2 year period.

Is this correct and sufficient?
Or do we need 3 to 4 documents per quarter?

Regards,
Ashutosh

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Processes and dates

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:23 pm

1) 2 years.

2) It is a generic requirement. 3/4 sources are ideal but add whatever you could even in joint or individual names if you have less than that.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

usmann
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by usmann » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:31 pm

B1 trinty college test last for 2 year
for cohabition 6 letters needed for joint name 3 different sources or 12 in individual names spreading equaly for last 2 years or 3 in joint names and 6 in individual names

usmann
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by usmann » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:33 pm

usmann wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:31 pm
B1 trinty college test last for 2 years and still can be use if it was accepted for previous application and still on current list of approved tests

for cohabition 6 letters needed for joint name 3 different sources or 12 in individual names spreading equaly for last 2.5 years or 3 in joint names and 6 in individual names

usmann
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by usmann » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:34 pm

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:58 pm

Best to include joint names and top up with individual names. Ideal if you can add 3/4 different sources evenly spread during last 2 years i.e. every 3-4 months. This is not a hard and fast rule. I have seen many cases approved with very little cohabitation documents also. Just provide the best what you can.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

watway_as
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

PBS dependent extension

Post by watway_as » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:51 am

Hi

My wife is on a Tier 2 General visa, her details:
BRP Issue date: 5 Feb 2016
Expiry: 14 Feb 2021

My India born son also traveled along with her, so his BRP has the same dates. I was already in the UK on a Tier 2 ICT visa, I switched as a dependent in UK about a month after their arrival in UK. So, my details:
BRP Issue date: 30 Mar 2016
Expiry: 14 Feb 2021

I understand I will need a PBS dependent visa extension to cover till end of March, which means I will have to apply for a 3 year visa extension. I will need to do the same for my son as he was not born in the UK.

What is the link to apply for PBS dependent visa extension, please? I an struggling to find it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:43 am

You can simply apply for ILR before your visa expiry (must apply before visa expiry) and book biometrics appointment only when you actually qualify. You will be covered by Section 3C and as long a decision is made when you actually qualify (it is only possible after you submit biometrics), your ILR must be granted.

PS you get 45 working days i.e. almost 2 months after date of submission to submit biometrics which will easily take you till April.

Lets say if you apply on 13th Feb, you will have till 16th April to submit biometrics. You qualify anytime after 30th March 2021 minus 28 days.

Note: You can only apply for ILR when your wife does also. Your decision will be made after her application is decided first.

Ideally your wife should apply same time as you do on 13th Feb.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:49 am

But she can apply earlier too if she likes as she qualifies 5th Feb 2021 minus 28 days. And you can apply later as stated above. But your Indian born son will apply when you do.

OR you all can apply together in Feb and submit biometrics in March. Up to you.

PS: These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 day lag anyways.

watway_as
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by watway_as » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:01 pm

Thanks Cullinan, that is a great idea.

I was thinking of applying for Visa extension and biometrics for myself and my son, then vary our applications to ILR when we qualify. To enable this, I was planning on delaying my wifes biometrics to mid Mar so that her decision is not made before we vary our applications.

But your idea is better as i don't have to pay dependant visa fees and IHS surcharge upfront and then get a refund.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:21 pm

My suggestion:

You all apply on 3rd Feb 2021 (though your wife qualifies even today).

Look for appointments 4th Feb 00:01 AM GMT (appointments open at midnight for 28th day).

You will get one for 3rd March 2021 so you all can attend together at the same time and location.

* You qualify from 2 March 2021.

Biometrics appointment are running at a 28 day lag. The above schedule will save time and be right when you all qualify.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:28 pm

Also add the guidance in your cover letter:

Page 10
Calculating the specified continuous period
Applicants can submit a settlement application up to 28 days before they would reach the end of the specified period.
You must calculate the relevant qualifying period by counting backward from whichever of the following is most beneficial to the applicant:
• the date of application
the date of decision
• any date up to 28 days after the date of application
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf