ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP! WHAT A MESS WITH ADDRESSES!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamilll
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

HELP! WHAT A MESS WITH ADDRESSES!

Post by kamilll » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:52 pm

So I have a problem.
I applied to become a British Citizen last year and I was told that my application was successful which made me incredibly happy.
I moved houses in May 2020 and I emailed Nationality Enquires to let them know and they told me to fill out an online form which I did. I received an email back, confirming that my address was changed on my application.
All good so far.

Late September, we went to collect mail to our old house and I realised that the invitation letter for the ceremony was sent to my old address DESPITE IT WAS UPDATED BACK IN MAY!!

The registry office wants the HO to resend the certificate and are asking me to contact them. HO Nationality enquires email- no response, Nationality enquiries phone line- no help provided. Now, whenever I email citizenship support email, they are not replying to me.

What can I do? Is there anything else I can do?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: HELP! WHAT A MESS WITH ADDRESSES!

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:16 pm

Unfortunately, you need lots of patience, given the recent times, it can take long. It is always best to keep a contact at your old address but too late now. Do not trust UKVI address update service.

Write to them:

Permanent Migration Team
The Capital Building
Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9PP
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kamilll
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kamilll » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:55 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Please can may I ask, what address is this for? UKVI change of address team?

Regards,
Kamil.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:26 pm

kamilll wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:55 pm
Thanks for your reply.

Please can may I ask, what address is this for? UKVI change of address team?

Regards,
Kamil.
No. But you can contact Home Office through this address. This is where Naturalisation application is processed. This is the best you could do.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.