ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

working in isle of man

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shIne
Newly Registered

working in isle of man

Post by shIne » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:06 pm

HI
i am an asian on expired EEA family permit currently and my wife is an european exercisisng european treaty rights by working in UK . I have applied for a EEA residence card almost 6 months back but just got the conformation letter and nothing more.
i got a job in isle of man and i managed to open an account with out a passport with my employers help but could not get a NI number[ihave filled an application for aNI number but they asked to take the number after showing the pasport].
My query is as i am staying in isle of man [out of UK] will it affect my application for EEA reseidence card which is under consideration still.
I know not many people would have experience in this particular issue but i hope to get some opinion atleast.
Thnaks
shine

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:49 am

There may be problems. Where do you want to stay on a long term basis? The Isle of Man? Or the United Kingdom? Or somewhere else?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:50 am

There may be problems. Where do you want to stay on a long term basis? The Isle of Man? Or the United Kingdom? Or somewhere else?

And have you got an Isle of Man work permit?

shIne
Newly Registered

Post by shIne » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:26 pm

hi jaj
long term i would like to stay in uk but i could not get a job in uk as they were asking for some uk experience and i got this job which is accepted in uk for expereince ,
regarding the work permit i really dont know about it bcoz i was told that i am offered this job bcoz i am a spouse of EEA national and i my employer just took a copy of the certificate of application which was issued by home office UK when i applied for the residence card.
i just want to stay here for one year and i want to come to uk after that.
i have got a proper training post which is very difficult to get in uk for a beginner so i really do not want to leave it and come before i complete atleast one year here.
i am looking for some advise or atleast some link to find out all this stuff.
thank you in advance
shine

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:50 am

Do you have an Isle of Man work permit?
http://www.gov.im/dti/employmentRights/workpermits.xml

Also, in this Chapter of the Home Office policy they state that:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

N.B. We sometimes get applications from people who have lived in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man prior to coming to the UK. Time spent in the Channel Islands/Isle of Man does not count towards the 5-year qualifying period. [for permanent residence on EEA grounds]

So - is the plan to go back to the U.K. or stay in the Isle of Man? And is your wife coming to join you or are you separated?