ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed after british citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MannyWarrior
Mood:
United Kingdom

Help needed after british citizenship

Post by MannyWarrior » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:09 pm

Hello,

So I recently became British citizen and all is good finally! However, I noticed on this forum I need to send the BRP back to the home office but I wasn't told at the register office or anything?

Also, I have a UK travel document do I return this before or after the passport arriving?

All help is appreciated

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Help needed after british citizenship

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:11 pm

MannyWarrior wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:09 pm
Hello,

So I recently became British citizen and all is good finally! However, I noticed on this forum I need to send the BRP back to the home office but I wasn't told at the register office or anything?

Also, I have a UK travel document do I return this before or after the passport arriving?

All help is appreciated
Did you apply via the refugee route? You mean you have Home Office TD?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

MannyWarrior
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MannyWarrior » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:12 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:11 pm
MannyWarrior wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:09 pm
Hello,

All help is appreciated
Did you apply via the refugee route? You mean you have Home Office TD?
I've got the red travel document(Stateless). I'm just not sure if I return this alongside the BRP? And IF so, when do I need to return them to avoid the fine?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:15 pm

Add a cover letter and send this when you apply for a British Passport. HMPO will retain this and send to the relevant department. They will also issue you a letter.

You also have to return your ILR BRP to HO.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

MannyWarrior
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MannyWarrior » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:15 pm
Add a cover letter and send this when you apply for a British Passport. HMPO will retain this and send to the relevant department. They will also issue you a letter.

Alright thanks for that, that's what I will do!

When do I need to return my BRP? Now? or after the passport?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:18 pm

MannyWarrior wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:17 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:15 pm

Alright thanks for that, that's what I will do!

When do I need to return my BRP? Now? or after the passport?
Actually you had to return your ILR BRP within 5 days of attending the Citizenship ceremony. However, just return asap with recorded delivery.