ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension with Passport near expiry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kooper2000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension with Passport near expiry

Post by kooper2000 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:54 pm

Hi All,

I need some help. I have completed 5 years under Tier 2 General visa and I have applied for my ILR and submitted documents through app in 1st week of September but received no decision yet. Me and my dependent's visa is expiring in Feb 2021 and my minor child's passport is expiring in Jan' 21. I have submitted application for Indian passport renewal at https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/ but getting no appointments for document submissions. I have following queries:

1) Since there is no decision on my ILR application and visa is valid till Feb' 2021 can I start the visa renewal process for wife and minor child under Tier 2 Dependent category?

2) How early before current visa expiry can one start the visa renewal process under Tier 2 Dependent?

3) If passport is near expiry or expired, can one still apply for visa extension under Tier 2 Dependent category?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
KK

Tash87
Philippines

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension with Passport near expiry

Post by Tash87 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:59 am

1) not sure but I believe that till you don’t get decision if you have a valid visa it stands valid. So I believe yes you can apply for their dependant visas but once you get your ilr and if by then their application is still getting processed then I’m not sure how it would work.

2) you can start whenever as long as it’s before the expiry of current visa

3) you can apply as long as during biometrics they have a valid passport. You can not do biometrics enrolment with expired passport.

kooper2000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension with Passport near expiry

Post by kooper2000 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:36 pm

Thank you for your inputs.

Regards,
KK