ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Long Residency - Clarity on qualification period start date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ybrij
Newly Registered
India

ILR - Long Residency - Clarity on qualification period start date

Post by Ybrij » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi,

I am looking for clarity on the calculation of the 10 year qualification period for ILR. My eligibility criterion is "been in the UK legally for 10 years (known as your ‘continuous residence’)"

For people applying under this eligibility, the summary on the gov.uk website says "Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either: (1) when you arrived in the UK with a visa or (2) when you were given permission to stay in the UK".

My dates are as follows:

Date of issue of first UK Visa: 21 Feb 2011
Date of first entry to UK: 11 April 2011

My question are:

1. Which date should I use for calculating the 10-year qualification period - Date of issue of first Visa OR date of first entry to UK

2. What is the exact earliest date when I can submit my ILR application

Appreciate the clarity on this matter.

Regards
Brij

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Long Residency - Clarity on qualification period start date

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:49 pm

Date of first entry. The earliest you can submit would be 11 April 2021 minus 28 days.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.