ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for my first time passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rusland
Spain

Waiting for my first time passport

Post by Rusland » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:46 pm

Hi all,

I applied for my first time passport - after naturalisation - in the beginning of October. I have called multiple times to HMPO but they are not able to give me much information besides the fact that they received my documents and that they are processing my application.

One week ago though, the officer who picked up my call, sent a message via their internal system to the officer who is managing my application. In that message, they told the officer that I needed to travel because of work and I couldn't as I had to send my passport to get the British one. For the moment I have no news.

Any idea/advice on what could I do?

Dani

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Waiting for my first time passport

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:02 am

Due to given corona times, passport applications can take long. The best is to write to HMPO if you urgently want your home country passport back. Your British Passport maybe put on hold then if the application is not processed yet. Best to be patient.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Rusland
Spain

Post by Rusland » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:20 am

I am not entirely sure Corona is actually an issue.

I have seen the timelines of other people who requested the passport later than I did and they already receive it. I know each case is individual but on the other hand it is weird that the officers at HMPO cannot really say what's going on and also, that after they sent a message to the officer handling my application they are getting no reply.

rotev22219
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rotev22219 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:54 am

I'm also currently waiting for my first passport after naturalisation. I've sent my documents to the HMPO Belfast at the beginning of the month. Not sure if an interview will be required.

Rusland
Spain

Post by Rusland » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:40 am

I just called them again and they told me that the examiner of the application has not yet replied to the internal message that they sent to them 10 days ago - this is a joke.
I understand that every case is different and therefore it takes different times to process, however, how is it possible that someone at the HMPO sends a message to the examiner and the examiner doesn't even bother in replying?

rotev22219
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rotev22219 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:01 am

Rusland wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:40 am
I just called them again and they told me that the examiner of the application has not yet replied to the internal message that they sent to them 10 days ago - this is a joke.
I understand that every case is different and therefore it takes different times to process, however, how is it possible that someone at the HMPO sends a message to the examiner and the examiner doesn't even bother in replying?
Hi Rusland,
any update on your application?
I'm still waiting - would love to visit my family in the EU at Christmas. I'm currently considering requesting my EU passport back in order to be able to travel in December.